Transmission Fluid Problem

My 2007 Dodge Charger, V6 3.5L keeps pushing the transmission fluid out of the bleeder valve. Even with the cap on.

You have a problem. What is fluid color? Nice red?

I think its time to have a transmission shop take a look.

Transmissions don’t have bleeder valves. Is the fluid red? What does the thing you call a “bleeder valve” look like?

2 Likes

Yes the fluid is red it comes out the white spout on top of my transmission.

First thing to check is the fluid level. Did you add fluid recently? To check fluid in transmission, vehicle must be at operating temperature, running in park. Remove and wipe dipstick, if it has one, reinsert dipstick, remove and make sure the level is between full and add marks on dipstick. If you have not added fluid recently the problem may require you to bring it to a reputable transmission repair shop.

If the transmission is over filled the fluid will purge out of the transmissions vent.

You will need a service tool to check the fluid level, you can buy one at an auto parts store like O’Reilly’s Auto parts. Dorman part # 917-327

The fluid level is measured in millimeters, there is a fluid level/temperature chart that shows the proper level at any given temperature.

There is a procedure to check the level. See your owners manual. In my Chrysler minivans it involves a drive, then stopping with engine running, then shifting into various gears, etc. Yours may be overfilled, but use the correct procedure to find out. Don’t expect everyone who goes by the label “mechanic” to know the procedure for your particular transmission. See owners manual.

This is what the owners manual reads;

"Automatic Transmission
Fluid Level Check
Regular automatic transmission fluid level checks are not
required. For this reason, the dipstick is omitted.
If you notice fluid loss or gear shift malfunction, have
your authorized dealer check the transmission fluid level.Automatic Transmission
Fluid Level Check
Regular automatic transmission fluid level checks are not
required. For this reason, the dipstick is omitted.
If you notice fluid loss or gear shift malfunction, have
your authorized dealer check the transmission fluid level.

That is why the OP must obtain the service tool.

I don’t know what that tool does but some are pretty fussy about monitoring the temp of the fluid to check the level. Reminds me I need to schedule a fluid change myself after 30K. I always hated that job so glad to have someone do it.

Heh heh, notice that pesky ad is back to see what kind of wea_pon fits you? But I’m not going there again.