Transmission fitting leak

i have a '76 Olds 98 and i noticed there is a small fitting on the driver’s side of the transmission that is leaking. It has a small hose attached to it that runs toward the engine. Does anyone know what this fitting/hose combination does and what it costs to repair the leak?