Trans old

IT A 1989 SOMEONE PUT A TRANS IT WITH OUT OVER DRIVE. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE PICK UP IT DID BE FOR . I AM TRYING TO FINE OUT WHAT TRANS WAS IN THERE BE FOR SO I CAN BUY ONE.THE MOTOR IS A 307 CAN SOME ONE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT TRAN IT WAS AND WILL A 350 FIT IT IF IT OFF A OLDS MOTOR.

GM didn’t make anything with a 307 in 1989. It sounds like this must be a project of some sort. If you aren’t up to the task of maintaining and tinkering with it, sell it and buy something more conventional.

Well, going by what YOU said. A 1989 Oldsmobile 98 is a front wheel drive vehicle. It came with a 3.8L V6 and a 440T4 transaxle. So, to put a 307 V8 in there would be quite a task. If someone put a 3 speed transaxle in it it would have to be a 125C transaxle which wouldn’t bolt up to a 307 anyways. I think you need to double check on what you are working on…

transman

SORRY IT A 83 REAR WHEEL DRIVE WITH A 307 MOTOR AND FROM THE SHIFTER IT ON THE CAR IT HAS OVER DRIVE AND THE TRAN NOW DONT

It’s a 1983 rear drive sled. The 305-307 engine is probably a Chevy SB so yes, a Chevy 350 will drop in. The T-350 OD transmissions have a numerical designator, someone will post it. You probably have the correct transmission but the OD has failed. Have someone who knows what they are doing check it out…

Go to a good sized salvage yard and give them the year, make, model, motor size and they will tell you the transmission that is supposed to be in your car. Then they’ll be happy to sell it to you.

The lack of overdrive has nothing to do with the lack of “pick up” you are experiencing on the car. The transmission might be bad and needs either attention or replacement. Are you sure the motor is running correctly and giving you full power?