Trans fluid has air bubbles

should i change the tranz fluid completely or just get a drain and fill?..have not done a change since i got the car and the dealer tells me to just get a drain and fill and not to do a complete flush as i have not done it since owning the car new… i have no problems with the trans aside from it not wanting to shift or realease from park when cold…

i have been thinking that it may be the parking cable but if it was that would not it do the same when warm too?

Where do the bubbles fit in this post?

is the bubbles a sign that the oil is breaking down and needs to be replaced?

is the bubbles a sign that the oil is breaking down and needs to be replaced?

You have one of two thing usually. Either the seal at the top of the pickup tube is bad and cavitating or the trans is too full. Change the fluid and filter should clear it up without a flush. LEE

Bubbles in the trans fluid is usually caused by overfilling or there is an internal leak; maybe the transmission filter has been changed and not installed properly. It will then suck air around that leak.

I would suggest getting this fixed as aerated fluid is not good on a transmission.

What kind of vehicle are we talking about here???
Make, Model, Engine size…

transman

Sounds like you have either a bad seal ring on the filter allowing air to enter or too much oil causing cavitation. An oil change and new filter will solve it without flushing. LEE