Trade 2009 Subaru Impreza Sedan for a Volvo?

Near where I live there is a 1962 Volvo P210 Wagon for sale. Interesting vehicle but the owner must be in dreamland, asking $7200.
In rough shape, would need extensive restoration.

I love the look of the 2016 Volvo XC70. I did not have a particular model in mind
just a Volvo!

1 Like

The 2016 Volvo XC70 is listed with the best used cars by Consumer Reports in the category of wagons and mini vans in the April 2019 issue.

Vehicles that are not main stream scare the seniors here. I wouldn’t want your Subaru, it may need some expensive repair soon, there are many complaints here about ageing Subarus.

My dream Volvo would be a PV444, they were reliable then.

I would agree with everyone who says don’t buy a used Volvo. Volvo does one not want to be reasonable in repairing used Volvos, they want you to say oh the hell with it and buy a new one. That is why a $150 eBay Part sent my used Volvo to the junkyard. Volvo does not and will not Put used parts on an old Volvo however they are more than happy to rape you over the cost of a new part. So stay away from them and as always this is just my opinion

That is a policy for many Branded dealerships . That is why independent repair facilities exist .

+1
A friend of mine was about to have his Rav-4 repaired at the Toyota dealership, with a stated price of $810–before tax. I priced this repair for him at my local Shell station (which is about to celebrate its 75th anniversary, with the same family!), and they estimated that it would cost about $375. Naturally, my friend opted to take it to my Shell guy.

When we went to pick it up from the Shell guy, the bill turned out to be only $249, including tax.
The proprietor’s explanation was, “It took me even less time than I had expected”. How’s that for an honest mechanic?