Toyota Corolla le 2018 problems

Just took about a 10 mile ride with my granddaughter as she test drove a 2018 Toyota Corolla. Ir performed flawlessly with no unusual noises. The only reason she didn’t buy it was because of price. My daughter has an an 81/2 year old Corolla that has needed no repairs. It has needed brakes but they are maintenance and nor repairs.

No I don’t feel
Comfortable going back there I’m going to take it to another Toyota dealership with a service dept.

And yes they looked at the car but not thoroughly, I mean 10 mins isn’t enough time, they just realized the noise was from that and brushed me off and they didn’t inspect if something was going on with the brakes since I also complained I heard and felt a weird noise/sensation when braking the other day.

They are basically brushing me off. But it’s ok I’m going to tell Toyota everything when I call them today since I wrote to them and if need be I’m going to the other Toyota service location.

Yeah you see some folks aren’t getting any noises with their vehicle something is up and it doesn’t surprise me Toyota is having that recall now with other models over this. I’m going to bring that up as well. Deep down I know it’s a faulty vehicle that needs replacement.

Perhaps you are already doing this, but…
With each visit to a dealer for service, be sure and get a customer copy of a Repair Order with your complaint spelled out on it and also a technician’s findings/remedy. Take notes when talking to anybody on the phone concerning your issues. Get names and write dates and times. Create and keep a chronology of your experiences obtaining satisfaction with the vehicle.
CSA :palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

1 Like

I’ve been doing that and yes received a receipt indicating what I think and what they think the cause is and etc

I spoke to Toyota today I will have a case rep call tomorrow and we will go from there. The fact that they are recalling other models with same issue just says to me this is an issue across the board with Toyota. I

Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) 25 is a bundle of active safety features on many new Toyota vehicles at no additional cost. These innovative features were … Pre-Collision System. This advanced safety system is designed to alert you, and may apply the brakes, if it detects a potential frontal collision with another vehicle.

is there a fuse in the main panel for TSS system? uh, remove it and see what happens?

Not to argue, but I don’t recommend monkeying with it at all. That could throw some diagnostic fault codes to be stored that could be misleading or cause somebody to blame the vehicle owner for improper repairs while the vehicle is under warranty.

I’d definitely let this go through normal cannels, first.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m too scared to touch the car myself or take it to another dealer I’ll go through Toyota that way I know at least on my end I never tampered with the vehicle.

Good strategy.

I know it’s frustrating, but Toyota didn’t do this on purpose (it is added expense for them and not a good marketing strategy) and I believe that they will make it right for you. You seem to be getting on better now that the manufacturer has stepped in/up.

You could actually be doing them a favor by alerting them that potentially other vehicles with similar problems are out there. I’m sure that the proper authorities at Toyota would rather learn of this early, rather than later so it can be nipped in the bud.

Oh I alerted them on right I spoke my mind this morning on the phone lol

And my mechanic said the same thing that others have complained.

But honestly I shouldn’t have to be inconvenienced the car is not $500 you know what I mean I put down 8,000 of my own money towards now a car with noise and possible other underlining issues. I’m so pissed and nervous to drive. I want a damn refund and the car recalled. Is that too much to ask :confused::unamused:

In a way yes. The warranty is for problems like this . Things happen and you do have reason to be disappointed but this is not a recall item.
You said you got emotional at the dealer and now apparently may have been harsh on the phone with someone just trying to document your complaint.
You bought a vehicle you really did not want and did not test drive . Those two things only magnify your buyers remorse.
Give them a little time to solve this and then decide if you want to trade it for something else . Life is too short to let a vehicle drive you nuts.

3 Likes

Lol no I didn’t get emotional over phone with Toyota today but I was a little upset at dealer but not to the point of disrespect and unprofessionalism.

And again it’s not just the loud noise which I was going to disregard it’s the face that when going to brake last week it made a horrible sound/sensation like the car wasn’t going to fully stop and all coming from that brake pump assist area. I mean it’s my brakes I’m not complaining about the damn audio not working.

And I was reasonable over the phone I said recall and traded in for another vehicle. I’m just hungry now and it’s exacerbating the issue. And the fact I was in a bad car accident with a guy that pushed me through intersection which left my older 2011 Corolla totaled, I’m just at my wits end.

So the whole situation started off on the wrong foot. I never got to research and plan accordingly. But it was a wonderful lesson.

Recalls are not within the purview of car dealerships. You can indeed trade the car in right now, but you have to be prepared to lose a lot of money from the inevitable depreciation that takes place as soon as you drive a car off of a dealer’s lot.

I think that you have to stick to your guns with the folks at Toyota on the corporate level, in the hope that they are able to repair the car for you in an expeditious manner.

Ok I see. I have a feeling nothing will get done they’ll keep saying that noise will occur from the pump and so on. Basically the sale was a bust no way around it and partly due to my own naivety.
Sigh

All well thanks for all the advice guys.

Hello I have the same issue with a 2018 Corolla does anyone know how this was resolved?