Tom & Ray, Is It Time For "The Home" Or "Phone A Friend"?

When Capri Racer, a knowledgeable car guy and tire expert, responded to Tom and Ray’s recent “Howard from San Francisco” segment, It got me thinking. http://act…32096.page

I don’t want any one to feel badly if I’ve left you out, but we have so many experts here, I can only list a few. We’ve got Old School, Tester, Transman, Capri Racer, Mike, OK, FoDaddy, Texases, and many others who work on cars professionally and recreationally and have a cumulative base of probably hundreds of years of experience.

Click and Clack recently added a “Wheel Of Fortune” type wheel to use when they are stumped.

Why not have Tom & Ray compile a list of our experts, possibly listing specialties (tires, transmissions, engines, brakes, general superior thinking, common sense, etcetera, and have a “Phone An Expert” option on their show?

Also, wouldn’t it be cool if they brought in a guest expert to sit in on their shows to help field the questions? They could tap this site for the experts and guests.

What do you think?

CSA

I think that this is a very good idea!

Thanks, VDC. Are You Willing To Be A Subaru “Expert” ?
CSA

I’m not sure that I’m ready to be qualified as an expert, but I would be willing to contribute, based on my experiences with the make.

I’ll be happy to be the lubricant and cold weather “expert”.

Docnick, Sounds Good!
CSA

It would really be great if Tom & Ray would turn their show over to someone who actually knows about cars and would answer more than 9 questions in an hour - minus the yuks and snorts. Then, the brothers could take their act to Las Vegas for 24 hours, and, once the reviews came out, pack it in, go home, settle into their rockers, turn on NPR, and listen to how good their show could have been.

I think this is a great idea - for 2 reasons:

1. Let’s face it. We can’t be experts on everything - and sometimes Tom and Ray … ah … well … they sometimes miss the target.

2. It would add a little variety - like the physics professor does when he is on.

Why not post this suggestion on “The Show” section.

Plus it would be nice to get an acknowledgement from the Cyberbabes that they passed this on.

“Also, wouldn’t it be cool if they brought in a guest expert to sit in on their shows to help field the questions? They could tap this site for the experts and guests.”

That may work well, especially since they set up their calls in advance.

Capri Racer, Thanks. I Put In A Request Today To A Car Talk Cyberbabe To Take A Look At The Idea (I Gave This Link) And Give Us An Acknowledgement.

We’ll see what happens.

CSA

[b][i]******************************************
Please Click The Link To Continue.

http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/1/2132844.page#2662856

******************************************[/i][/b]

Thanks, CSA