To store or not to store?

Now! If we known this in the beginning!

We wouldn’t have wasted all that finger wiggle typing.

Go do what ya gotta do.

Your car’s in good hands.

Tester

3 Likes

the other stuff looks ok, but the above may result in water inside the exhaust system and rusted exhaust components if “run” means idling the engine only at normal idle rpm.

If this is done, be sure to bring them to the inflation recommended by the carmaker when you retrieve the car. That’s usually less than the tires’ max.

They are doing more than I ever did or thought of. Have at it.

2 Likes

Thank you! I did not know all of this myself until now. Really appreciate all the advice.

As to the tire, the recommended pressure is on the door frame, driver’s side. The number on the tire is the maximum PSI, which is not the same.

1 Like

But here I would use the tire value to minimize flat spotting. Then lower it to door sticker value before driving away.

2 Likes

Wow, things have changed. When I served, DoD did not offer storage for POVs. Mine was in my mothers garage, up on blocks, fuel stabilizer, engine ‘fogged’, battery removed.
Returned 15 months later, charged the battery, removed the spark plugs, squirted some oil into each cylinder, cranked the engine. Reinstalled the plugs, started the engine and drove off.

1 Like

You can find an E0 station here
https://www.pure-gas.org/maps
I’d still use Stabil either way

@ruchei:
I agree with the others. You have a great offer.

If I were you, I would accept it as written.

When you get back after a year, any issues should be minor (tire flat spots, battery, readjusting air pressure, etc).