To extend warranty or not on a 2005 Audi A6

Shall I or shall I not extent the warranty on my 2005 Audi A6 4.2 engine?? I am close to 50,000 miles and the original warranty runs out. The best price for a bumper to bumper “exclusionary” policy is from AAA for $3,200? I know these cars are pricey to fix but should I take a chance?

Extended warranty programs are never a good deal; it’s like buying life insurance; you can’t win.

The mileage on your car is not excessive; if it has been well maintained, you can enjoy it for mmany more miles. If it has not been well maintained, get rid of it as quickly as possible. An extended warrnaty will not cover everything; that’s why it is called an "“exclusionary” warranty! You can’t afford the exclusionary part if the car has not been maintained by the book.

If they use the terms ‘bumper to bumper’ and ‘exlusionary’ together, I’d write them off. Like Docnick said, can’t be both! What does Audi want for a FACTORY-BACKED warranty? So many others are scams or near-worthless through the ‘exclusions’. And how long do you plan to keep the car?