Tires

A friend had the same thing happen. She went in for something unrelated, they told her she needed new tires and HAD to have them changed. A week later she contacted the better business bureau and they were able to get her all her money back (but she kept the tires).

So, don’t let this go.

I have also never heard of walmart doing alignments. I thought they only did tires because they can make a nice profit on them and they are hard for a minimum wage paid rookie wrench turner, or stock boy, to screw up. I don’t think speed rating should be a big issue on a Chevy Trailblazer. Last I knew, most, if not all, Chevy light duty trucks were electronically limited to either 90 or 100 mph.

I also agree that tires are not a place to cheap out on. I usually check tirerack.com for ratings on different tires before I buy them, and most of what I end up buying is not sold at walmart anyway. I would avoid walmart tle anyway, and advise others to do otherwise. Most of the engines I have replaced due to catastrophic failure due to massive oil loss had had their oil change done there very recently.

It’s almost comical how a piling on occurs over a fraction of a story related by a 3rd party in which an alignment is mentioned by an outfit that doesn’t even perform alignments.

If that part of the story is incorrect then who knows what else is offbase.

If the speed rating of the tires was the only reason they recommended new ones, then she got ripped off. And if they were rotating the tires and only sold her two and not four…does she now have two of one make and speed rating and two of anothe make and speed rating?

Or is there some detail missing in the story?