Tires n Wheels

Im i going to be ok putting 30 x 9.50 tires on 8in wide rims?

No Comments

YOUR FIRED

Thanks for stopping by.

16" diameter tires won’t fit on 15" rims

Who says they’re 15" rims?
Oh, and 30X9.5s are 15" tires.
https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/30X9.50R15.htm

The answer to the question is… probably. This tire, with a 9.5" section width, has a 7.5" sidewall. One inch difference on each side between the bead and the outer point on the section width seems about right. You have sufficient sidewall to accommodate a wide variance between the section width and the rim width without a problem.

But, the guy to ask is the tire guy. He’s the one whose advice will ultimately matter. Not mine.

@badbearing

“YOUR FIRED” I take it you’re voting for Trump

Because that sounds like something he would say :tongue:

8" wide wheels should be fine, I had a set of 30X9.5R15 tires on 15X8 wheels.

If you can find your tires on tirerack, click on “specs” and it will show the rim width range.

Here is an example, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A;

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO2&partnum=095SR5KO2RWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

46 minutes without an answer and we are FIRED! 9 hours before I even viewed the post! How can someone donating their time and expertise be fired? That is why I no longer do volunteer work. It takes very little time to begin being treated as a salaried employee. My answer would have also been “Check Tire Rack.com idiot”!

“Your fired”? Does the OP mean “You’re fired”? Nothing like firing someone using bad grammar!!!

I was unaware that the question was political. I thought it was a question about tires & wheels.
Can we return to the subject at hand?

Nevada, I agree with your statement, but I myself tried to find these tires on Tirerack without success. Perhaps I just didn’t know where to look. :smile:

I took the comment as teasing us to get some response.

12 Views-No Comments-How about this-6 did not know answer-4 did not care-2 wondering why OP did not ask tire shop first.

Maybe this is “The Donald”. He may be retro fitting his tour bus.

But 30 x 9.50 tires on 8in wide rims on an “Wiener mobile”!!!

Yosemite

Anthony Weiner immediately comes to mind when the Wienermobile is mentioned

That guy is his own worst enemy

:smirk:

Trunp-Weiner in 2016.
Make Amerika Hate Again!

That’s a “winning team” :tongue:

Jt, I took it as a lighthearted joke, but others quickly turned it political. Doing so takes the focus off of helping the OP with his/her question, and quickly devolves into yet another competitive swim in the sewer of political discourse. I was hoping to avoid that.

I think I’ll just come back later when people are in a better mood. I’m going to check the moon though first.

15 INCH WHEELS Yes

And call me crazy but Trump Yes

and i think i should be upgraded to Gorilla Tape…