Tire wear?

It may be that the reason Michelin is no longer offering Harmony tires is because they’re not living up to their wear ratings…

@dagosa‌

“As far as @db4690 getting 80k out of a set of tires…you can trust that happening from anyone too cheap to buy anything but a crappy old Corolla. ;)”

That’s some sense of humour you’ve got, if you were intending to be humorous

That’s how I’ll take it

As far as that “crappy old Corolla” . . . I inherited it from my late father several years ago. He’s the one that bought that “crappy” car when it was brand new, not me. I drove it for several years, before moving on to my current car.

By the way, I always felt the car was pretty good. In some ways, it was built better than my 2005 Camry. I believe the main reason is that Toyota is now using inferior materials, which just don’t hold up very well.

I feel I’m in a position to make just such a statement, because my family and I have owned Toyotas for well over 30 years, and I’ve seen the quality fluctuate. Plus, I’m a mechanic, and have worked on various vehicles.

No offense to anybody who feels their near new Toyota is built to some sort of “gold standard.”

As far as being cheap goes . . . my late father bought that car for cash, as he did all of his cars. As my mother and I have always done. Doesn’t seem cheap to me at all. Can’t say anybody is cheap if they “throw the money on the table” versus financing for several years.

LOL

I bought a set of those “80,000” rated Michelin Harmony tires for our minivan. I only got 40,000 miles out of them.

"It may be that the reason Michelin is no longer offering Harmony tires is because they're not living up to their wear ratings"

I think that you may be right, MB.
When Michelin introduced their Defender tire, they dropped two (or three?) of the existing tires from their lineup, and I think that the Harmony tire was one of the ones that they discontinued.

So far, with almost 8k miles on them, my Defender tires have not shown any wear according to my tread depth gauge, so they might just make the 90k that their tread is guaranteed for.

We have to assume @db4690’s 80K miles and @VDCdriver’s future 90K miles are all freeway driving.

I bought a set of Michelin Harmony tires less than 2 years ago

How are yours holding up???