Tire wear indicator

that message is for tire service people that do not understand the wear bar meaning. tires are still usable up to the wear bars. not as good as having full tread but considered safe nonetheless. most people just do not take the time to look at their tires good enough to read that tiny message. about the only time one would even check the tire is if the tire was sticking out from under the fender like they parked with the wheels turned and they walked by and noticed the wear bars. so tire mfg. now put in there for tire service people to see and then bring that message to the owners attention.

The signs we put on empty compressed gas tanks were labeled “MT” for people that could not read or understand “empty”. Based on advice from council.

yes back in the army i had some guy actually place the mt on the cylinder on a tag on the cylinder. and believe it or not when it came back to us it had mt on it even though the did refill the tank. i told the dummy not to do that because that cylinder would not get used by us and it did not it went back and forth a few times then i finally washed off the mt he put on the tank as no one else would do it.

at work we just put rings around the empty tanks and the service company knew enough to take them and leave the rings on a hook. that way of telling what tanks are empty was the standard around my area. some people still need the sign? thanks

Exactly. unless you have your car parked with the wheels turned fairly far over, you can’t see an appreciable amount of the tread, and even then you can only se a small section. The service person could see it when they had the car up or rotated the tires, but if they need this message then you’ve got bigger issues! It’s a neat idea but of little practical use, IMO.