Tire Size?

Good Lord. There’ll be an 11mm increase in radius and the section width will be the same. They both fit the same rim size.
Winter tires can add 11mm in radius. There’ll be clearance.
And, if the OP’s speedo was a few mph optimistic originally, it’ll be more accurate now.
The ABS and traction control won;t know the difference.

Caddyman,

Did you look at what Discount Tire says about optional fitments? It includes tire sizes that were NEVER OE optional fitments. Call them up and ask them if they measure the fenderwells (They do!) and if they base their listings on what fits and what doesn’t. (I’ve asked, so I know the answer to that question.)

I did. If you have a specific spot on their website that you’re alluding to, I 'd be happy to access a provided link. I could find nothing on their site that talked specifically to possible upsizes for this particular vehicle.

Mountainbike,

To get to where Discount Tire lists the alternative fitments, you need to put in the vehicle on their home page and follow where it goes. Eventually, you’ll get to a screen that looks like this:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/assignHomeVehicle.do?rcc=Acworth&rc=GAAINT&year=2010&make=KIA&selectedModel=RIO+5&code=017642

In the center of the page is a blue rectangle that lists the OEM size, but just below that is a link labled “View Optional/Plus Tire Sizes”

That leads to a list that includes non-OE and plus sizes.

Got it. I still don’t see how the 11mm radius difference could create a fitment problem, but I guess I’ll have to take their word for it.