Tire rotation?

Do I need to rotate tires if I’ve only driven 2500 miles in the [ast year? 2007 Toyota Corolla with new tires last year.
Thanks.

Most likely the Toyota Maintenance Schedule that is sitting in your glove box specifies either 5k mile or 6k mile tire rotations, but that is just my best guess. Have you taken a look at what the folks who manufactured your car specified in their Maintenance Schedule?

1 Like

Tire rotation is usually done at every oil change.

Tester

Thanks, the maintenance schedule is for every 5,000 miles.

Except if you need an oil change once a year to maintain warranty, and did not feel it was needed after 2300 miles.

Tester :roll_eyes:

If you’ve only done 2500mi in the last year you don’t need to rotate the tires now but shouldn’t go much more than 6000mi between rotations.

1 Like

Lacking seems to be a general understanding o Why some service is performed. Forget the math formulas and try to understand the Reason. I don’t know what else to say.

I used to rotate tires every 4-6,000 miles when I had practically a full service garage in my backyard. But now that’s it’s not so convenient. I have a tire gauge, that I use to check the wear on each tire, and rotate only to equalize the wear. So far it’s seems to work for me.

1 Like

Maybe not but it doesn’t hurt to do an early rotation after new tire break in.

1 Like

Could stop by the shop that sold the tires for a pressure check and inspection, if it looks like it’s needed before the suggested interval they’ll let you know. The place’s we’ve used all include free rotations as part of the warranty and would rather have you do a rotation a little early than not at all.