Tire puncture on shoulder but do not go throught

Me thinks it is time to stop feeding the Troll :tired_face:

3 Likes

Joke or no joke; we cannot responsibly recommend a fix for such damage, since we cannot take professional responsibility that this will be a safe solution.

Last year I had a puncture that was very difficult to repair and the tire dealer (rightly) instantly condemned the tire. I bought a new one from Costco since they had the same make and model in my car’s size.

I am just asking questions. That all. Why do they sale tire repair kit if is not safe to use.

Those tire repair kits are never for sidewall punctures.

It’s safe if you know what you’re doing. It’s intended to be used to secure a rubber patch to the inside that is a backup to a plug sealing a puncture in the tread surface.

There are no ways to patch sidewall damage, period.

I replaced a truck tire that was 3 weeks old when it got damaged like yours. It sucks but it is what it is. Unsafe. Recycle the damaged tire.

2 Likes

Ok. I installed a new tire.

Excellent. Happy motoring!

They also sell Band-Aids, but that doesn’t mean that this product is appropriate if you have arterial bleeding. Every product has certain uses for which it is appropriate, and other uses for which it is not appropriate

and which would be potentially deadly.
:thinking:

3 Likes

I bet a LOT of cars on the road have very similar punctures like mine but there weren’t discovered until you look for them or get a flat tire. I think I had been driving like this for over 8 months (highway & city).

similarly, a LOT of people have not realized that they are walking around with early-stage lung cancer, continued to smoke, and the deadly disease wasn’t detected until months–or years–later, when it was too late to avert death. Does that delay in detection mean that smoking is safe?
:thinking:

That tells me that you are not checking your tire pressure on a regular basis or even looking at your tires when you approach the vehicle. You should now choose something like the first of each month to check tire pressure , oil level and coolant level in reservoir. That will be more than most vehicle owners do and might let you catch a problem.

I do check my tire on a regular basis but how do you check the tire facing under the car. It’s impossible to do without removing the wheel or crawling under which I am not going to do just to check the tires. My tire puncture located on the side facing under the car and discovered while I was doing tires rotation.

Talking about cancer, this old lady only have a few days to live and all she wanted is to smoke until her final day. I don’t blame her. Let her enjoy her favorite snack before she die. At least it makes her happy before she die.

I do that inspection as part of my diy’er driveway oil and filter change jobs. For non diy’ers, like you say that side of the tire wouldn’t usually be inspected except during tire rotations.

I am reminded of the story about the guy who wanted to repair a cut in a tire with rubber cement - him think the cement was FOR rubber, not made out of rubber!

The story involves caller ID and the fact that if you chose to block your caller ID, you shouldn’t expect people to answer. It also involves refusing to leave messages!

On the off chance that you aren’t playing with us, you’re displaying a bad attitude toward safety. You’re expecting us to prove that it is not safe. You should be the one proving that it is safe.

“Prove it’s not safe” is what led to both space shuttle disasters. Had NASA at that time operated under “Prove that it IS safe,” neither of those shuttles would have flown.

The fact that other people get away with driving on dangerous tires is meaningless. The shuttle flew 24 times without being destroyed before 51L, and every one of those flights had the design flaw that doomed Challenger. NASA decided that because they had gotten away with it before, they would get away with it for Challenger. They were wrong and people died as a result.

So. Prove to us that it’s safe. Stop asking us to prove to you that it isn’t.

3 Likes

Wow! 57 replies for a problem that was already resolved with a new replacement tire from the distributor at no cost. SMH

Because OP kept arguing about it and other readers with a similar, unresolved problem, might think it’s a good idea to drive around with a gouged tire.

3 Likes

Tire is un-serviceable. There isn’t any steel lining in a tire. A shoulder cut is probably the worst place to be damaged.