Tire puncture on shoulder but do not go throught

Can this tire be patched from the inside if I take it out?

NO, the hole does not go thru to the inside.

2 Likes

This is the tire . . . it needs to be replaced

3 Likes

What do you mean inside?

What are talking

When the tire blows out, the vehicle will suddenly pull to the side with the flat tire

Better be prepared

That is a small cut, if you had a road hazard warranty that tire may not qualify for replacement. It should be replaced if the belts are exposed.

1 Like

Did they give you road damage insurance?

Discount tire sent me a free replacement but I hate to throw away 5% used tire

Why. Itā€™s only good for one thing now. And this will probably hurt someone also.

2 Likes

They gave you a replacement and you didnā€™t let them install it? Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t need to keep the warranty tire.

I bought the tires from discounttires.com
I asked them do you want the old tire shipped back and was told no and to dispose properly.

I put a set of LT Defenders on my truck last summer, been very pleased with them. I can see why you donā€™t want to waste one of them, as they are a little pricey. And mine were the 15 inch version. But if I had that problem I wouldnā€™t drive over 25 mph with that tire. Just too dangerous. One idea, use the defective tire for a spare. If you get a flat, you can drive at 25 mph to a shop to get your flat tire fixed. Youā€™d want to post that info on the tire too, so somebody driving your truck and gets a flat realizes the spare is only to be used for slow speed driving.

Really, Iā€™ve heard of frugal before, but man they gave you a new tire, and you want to keep the wrecked tire? Just hold your breath and do the right thing. I would call Acura though to make sure 6000 is OK to match with the other three tires to avoid AWD problems.

I wrecked a tire with 1500 miles on it. Cost me $300, my bad. I also had a hole in a similar spot. The thing is with the flexing of the tire, there is not much of a chance the patch would hold, so pay the $2 disposal fee.

3 Likes

The puncture tire is on the rear so there is very little wear.

Donā€™t you have all wheel drive though? That means all four of the tires need to be a matched circumference within a particular specification. If it is only front wheel drive, they will still be on the front after rotating, and the two front wheels still need to be matched similar.

It is 2011 MDX Advance with SH-AWD

:thinking:

Nobody here is talking, but we are all typing and posting a lot of totally-valid advice in an effort to save you from an accident when that defective tire blows-out.

So the tire repair kit or rubber cement is for inside tire puncture only and it is for a permanent fix?

Iā€™m starting to wonder if this isnā€™t a jokeā€¦

2 Likes