Tire problem

I HAVE A “95 PONTIAC GRANDAM GT. I BOUGHT THIS CAR USED. IT CAME WITH 17” RIMS. THE PROBLEM STARTED ON THE TIRE IN FRONT, FROM THE DRIVER SIDE. AFTER AWHILE IT WAS ALWAYS LOW. I WAS TOLD IT WAS THE RIMS. I HAD AN INCIDENT THEN WHERE I HIT A POLE, JUST HARD ENOUGH TO MESS UP THE CONTROL ARM. SO I HAD THAT FIXED. THE CAR SEEM TO START SHAKING, AND THE TIRE SEEM TO CONTINUE BEING LOW BUT JUST ON THAT SIDE. I CHANGED THE RIMS TO 15’S, WITH NEW TIRES. EVERYTHING SEEM OK BUT IT STILL SHAKED. I HAD THE INNER TIE ROD FIXED OR SO I WAS TOLD IT NEEDED IT. THEN THE WHEEL BEARING ASSEMBLY, ALINGMENT, BRAKE CHECK, BALANCE. THE TIRE WOULD STILL GO LOW. I HAD THEM ROTATE THE TIRES. SO NOW THE ONE THAT WAS IN FRONT IS IN THE BACK AND IT DOES NOT GIVE ME ANY PROBLEMS. BUT THE ONE THAT WAS IN THE BACK NOW IN THE FRONT NOW THAT ONE GOES LOW. AND THAT IS MY QUESTION. ANY TIRE THAT I’VE PUT THERE THE AIR JUST SEEMS TO COME OUT. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU.

I think someone is flattening your tire when you’re not in it, if you have switched where the wheels are located on the car, but the same spot on the car keeps losing air.

If the wheel that you moved from the front right of the car is now on the back right of the car, and was still losing air, then that wheel/tire would need to be inspected. But since the air is being lost in the front right of the car, no matter the wheel, that means that there is an external force on your car, most likely a human in the neighborhood/office you live/work in.

How fast do you lose air in the tire?
Does it go from 35 psi at night to 10 psi the next morning?
Or are we talking about 35 psi to 32 psi overnight?

BC.

Have to agree with Bladecutter

Please turn off your caps lock.

When you had them “rotate the tires”, did you have them remove the tires from the rims? Sometimes when people are trying to solve a problem they do things differently than normal.

Also, has anyone submersed the wheels to check for a slow leak?

Lastly, are you basing your statement that it’s low on measuerment of the tire’s pressure rather than simply a visual comparison of the front vs. rear? Because the front tires on a typical FWD vehicle with a 60/40 weight distribution have about 50% more weight on them than the rear tires they’ll generally appear to be lower.

I believe its 35 psi to 32 overnight. But I used to put air in it at least every week, now I put air every 3 days or so. And I have changed that tire at least 4 times. And the last ones that I bought since they were new I thoght it would correct it but it still does the same thing.

I would say visual. Because when I go run errands Iam sometimes waved down and they yell at me. “Your tire needs air!” I just dont understand why just on that side. And they have checked it in water. They did not remove the rims cause I watched them do it.

Let me throw out a few really wild ideas.

First, when you’re air pressure is correct, does the car sit lower in the left front than the right front?

Second, when you had the alignment done after the accident and repair, what was the camber angle?

Either of these being problems could cause the tire to look low.

Just a few thoughts:

Thanks for turning off the CAPLOCKS. They are really hard to read.

Do you have a good pressure gauge? I suggest you use it often for a while to help figure out what is going on.

Do you park against a curb? I lived in an area with high curbs. Every few months I had a low tyre. I finally figured out that I had been parking close enough to the curb for the valve to hit the curb and it would leak as long as it was being pressed against. As the pressure reduced the valve lost contact and no more leak, until I filled it up again.