Timing belt

I HAVE 2001 AUDI A6 QUATTRO WAGON.DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELT NOW OR CAN I WAIT. HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO SPEND?

How many miles are on the car? Check your owner’s manual. The maintenance schedule will tell you when you need to change the belt.

113.000 miles. do i have to do the timing belt as it is very expensice

If it is time it should be done. Nobody will force you to replace it, I don’t get it, are you asking for Car Talk to give you a pass on replacing the belt?

Timing belt replacement is preventive maintenance. Not replacing it is not going to prevent the car from running, but will increase the probability of a breakdown. If the belt fails, it will leave you stranded and, if your engine is an interference design, which it probably is, you will be looking at some severe engine damage. If you think replacing the timing belt is expensive, wait till you have to pull the head(s) and replace valves and maybe pistons.

The likely potential is severe engine damage($2000-$5000) not if it snaps but when.

Shop around.

You may live in one of those States where it is against the law for a timing belt to break. If so, you’re in luck. Otherwise, the Audi engines: 2.7L, the 2.8L, and the 4.2L are all interference fit engines. If, I mean, when, the timing belt breaks, it’s a very expensive “fix” to return the engine to health.
There are NO car makers who recommend a timing belt replacement past the 105,000 mile mark. There is, also, a time limit (something like 7 or 8 years). Roll the dice.