This looks legit

This would get most guys’ attention-

6 Likes

I’ll take all the “free” 10mm sockets I can get, considering they’re the ones that get used . . . and lost :frowning_face: . . . the most

Great grammar and spelling, btw :laughing:

Both my parents were English teachers and would have had a field day with this :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, legitimate & successful businesses frequently use old vans with major rust damage…
:smirk:

1 Like

I’ve had to go to the hardware store several times for a 10mm socket. I keep a couple extras but I think someone sneaks in an steals them all the time.

1 Like

They’re right next to the socks that disappear from the dryer :grinning:

3 Likes

Heh heh. I was working on my garage door springs and my socket fell off my step ladder and on the floor. The square bolts take a 7/16 socket since you can’t hardly buy a square socket. At any rate looked everywhere and couldn’t find it. Bought another one and finished up my springs. Several months later my wife asked if this was what I was looking for? The socket with painted brown stripe for say identification. She found it in the bottom of the trash container we use to hold flags and other upright items. So the dang thing hit the floor, bounced to cover ten feet, and up and over a two foot high waste container. The magic socket. I’ve got two now.

2 Likes

I think mine keep getting transported to a different dimension.

1 Like

Some tools must have a wicked sense of humor. I search for too long, can’t find what I know I already own. Finally give up and go buy yet another one only to find the original hiding in plain sight shortly thereafter…

Thanks… Now I know that it’s not just me.
:saluting_face:

Don’t flag me bro, but this may help. We had a bus load of Protestants touring Europe and one catholic. She lost her phone or iPad or something important. She taught us the prayer to Saint Anthony that we had never heard before. Saint Anthony please come around, I have lost my socket and it cannot be found. Her missing item was found that night. Sometimes works sometimes doesn’t.

1 Like

That prayer always seems to work… or at least it does… most of the time.

A woman in my tour group had her US passport stolen at St. Peter’s Basilica, and despite every type of prayer and exhortation, the Caraboniari assured her that she had been the victim of well-organized pick-pockets, and that it would likely never be recovered. Luckily, the personnel at the US Consulate were able to issue a new passport to her w/in 48 hours.

Good story … here’s mine, recently was replacing small engine carb fuel inlet valve , metal needle goes into 3 mm diameter donut shaped rubber fitting. Needle keeps falling onto driveway, landing here & there, no problem, can find it with magnet. Rinse off, good as new. Try again. Bigger problem, replacement 3mm rubber donut also got away, festive-mood apparently, bounced around like crazy … lol … worse yet, magnet finding method wouldn’t work. Took 45 minutes, lodged in sidewalk crack. I expect 50% of my diy’er repair time is used to find stuff I’ve dropped. Maybe that’s part of the reason why auto repair shops have to hike the parts price.

I took the head apart on my string trimmer to replace the string, felt a call of nature and when I came out of the house and finished the job, I could not find the bump button. I looked all over the yard and my gates were lockedIt was a hard to fond part and the only dealer that had one was about 25 miles away in a direction I never went.

It was already fall and I raked the whole yard after the last cutting.

In the spring I made the 50 mile round trip and bought the $10 plastic button.

When I brought out the trimmer, my West Highland Waite Terrier got all excite4d and went and dug up the old ome he had buried beneath a tree and brought it to me. wagging his tail.

2 Likes

I have a set if 3/8 rive Craftsman square sockets I have had for 50 yearts. Only used them a few times, but when * needed them, I needed them…

And along comes the magic “10mm Socket Van” to help you replace your missing items.

This is their other van, which I suggest that you keep your kids from approaching.

Homer Simpson can’t resist that van though.

You’re traveling through another dimension, another place, another time where sockets travel when a mechanic reaches into his toolbox. The passageway opening beneath every 10mm socket. . . . . into, the Twilight Zone,

3 Likes