This is why you flush your brake fluid

lol … Didn’t drink any beer on the way home, but upon arrival, I discovered I only had 29 cans, one was missing. So decided to go back and look for it, . no need to walk this time, ride the bicycle. Looked and looked, here and there, everywhere, couldn’t find it. Figured one of the homeless already found. Several seemed to have a buzz going. Later in the evening, ouch!, toes were hitting something that rolled under counter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well gee, at least you found it. Thought maybe one of the guys along the way slipped it out.

Wife was giving me an electric lawn edger, just had to go to Menards and pick it up. Took the trailer to get a sheet of plywood at the same time. Got home, no edger in the trailer. Drove the whole road back checking the ditches but no luck. Someone must have grabbed it within the 30 minutes it took. Oh well, bought a second one and put it inside the car this time.

Since we are off topic, I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Renegade.
He has not been on here for a while. I hope he is alright and just taking a break from here for a while and enjoying life.

When you wonder about a member you can look at their profile and see the last time they posted on just was on the site. This case Renegade was here about 30 mimutes ago.

1 Like

A few weeks ago, I sent him a DM, as a result of the same concerns. He responded, and stated that he had been hospitalized for an extended period, due to age-related health problems. He was optimistic that he could be released… soon. He also stated that I could share his information if I felt that it was appropriate.

3 Likes

If in 23 years/truckload of miles you never had to replace any brake components (that is accompanied by at least partial fluid replacement) other than wearables, it must be Toyota. Or - at least - Honda.
I’ve noticed that fluids turn black differently depending on overall vehicle quality. For example, at 3K mi, ford oil looks like Toyota’s @7K. Same goes for coolant, ATF, and brake fluid.