The tire shoulder was cut by a sharp object

I’m going to agree with @CapriRacer that all four tires need replacement. I currently have the Turanza Quiet Track tires on my 14 Subaru, I replaced the factory Turanza EL-400 at 55k miles because of sidewall damage to one of them. The car is at 133k miles so that is about 78k on them now, and they are only about half worn.

But I did put a set of Turanza-S tires back in the mid 90’s on my 90 Dodge Colt and wore half the tread down in only 3k miles. I stopped pushing the corners so hard and eventually got them to almost 40k miles on the remaining tread.

The reason I mostly agree with @CapriRacer is that looks like a defect more than a cut and if all the tires are made in the same batch, they all could have that defect. Also I believe the tires are made in Thailand.

Nothing wrong with the manufacturing industry in Thailand. As high quality as anywhere. For many many years they have been manufacturing tyres for ALL the major brands. As well as that, all the major Japanese car manufacturers as well as Ford have pickup truck manufacturing and assembly in Thailand.
They have actually been nicknamed the “Ute capital of the world”. (Ute = utility vehicle = pickup).

I agree. The OP identified the tire with Thailand at the end and many here thought it meant that he was in Thailand. I was just pointing out that the tire may have come from Thailand and not the poster, but I could be wrong about that.

I sense that you might be from Australia based on you definition of Ute. I like watching Australian TV shows on Amazon and PBS, they are pretty good.

I guessed that @packsisme6_183673 might be from Thailand because of the way the message was written. It didn’t have the usual English speaking vernacular that I expect if someone has spoken the language for many years. Wherever the OP is from it’s fine, and I hope he continues to visit.

1 Like

Almost. I’m from New Zealand but part of my family is from USA, I went to school in LA as a kid and apart from Japan it’s the place I most often visit. Aunt has a holiday/vacation house in New Mexico.

Yeah I think the Aussie TV shows are responsible for a whole lot of emigration! It is a nice place - taking a flight from here to spend a weekend in Sydney or Melbourne is a common thing. Well, was a common thing up until 2 years ago.

1 Like

I’ve been watching a NZ show called “Mystic” on Amazon. For some reason, they did the whole season 1 and then stopped at episode 3 on season 2, no explanation. I looked it up on Wikipedia and it has 3 seasons with 8 episodes in seasons 2 and 3. I put in a bad review on season 2 because of the missing episodes and the 4th episode suddenly showed up. We will see if they put up the rest.

Edit: I just found out that while the second season was released in 2020 in NZ, it was just released on Jan 5, 2023 in the US and that may be why Amazon is not releasing all the episodes at once.

It is a pretty mediocre show as it is teen oriented on a family channel “Up Faith and Family” which I guess is the NZ version of “The Hallmark Channel” in the US.

“One Lane Bridge” was really good though.

I’ve heard good things about that series. If you google “tvnz ondemand mystic” all seasons are available for free streaming. You may have to use a VPN or Proxy to watch if your location is restricted.

1 Like