The Possibly Putrid Plural Car Name Puzzler

I dare say most of the entries on the mea culpa lists are perfectly fine as singular vehicle names . Some are in common usage

Marquis is a variant of marquess and is singular. Others may have been brought over inaccurately to English and have a long history of misuse in English so that tradition can not be bucked. Lynx might fall into that category, but I don?t think so. Our plural is lynxes. It appears to be from Greek and making it plural seems accurate. impalas is the accepted plural of impala.

What is the singular of Cheyenne, Navajo, and Comanche? Gemini refers to a constellation so that is fine, though a stupid name for a vehicle that seats more or less than two.

BTW, I think that should be ?two Barracudas hemi? in the proposed song. That is especially so since you can?t really have two hemispheres since that would be a sphere. Polysphere, O.K., that has a special meaning outside of internal combustion engines.

I have a Subaru Legacy. I did not see that on your list.

That is because “Legacy” is singular. Plural is “legacies.”

I don’t think Samurai counts because it is spelled the same whether it is singular or plural. You don’t know which form is being used for the car name.

Aries is Latin for “a ram.” It is also defined as a person born under the astrological sign. In either case, it is singular.

I thought agreement in number meant that plural subjects had to agree with plural predicates and modifiers and that single subjects had to agree with single predicates and modifiers. So how are we confusing plural with number? Please explain so that you can add something to the conversation instead of just criticizing.