Plural Model Names

You missed one.

Volkswagen Tuareg.

The singular of Tuareg is Targui.

That’s not the only one missed. Kia should have two models on the list, not just one - both the Optima and the Spectra are plural. And, so is the old Chevy Lumina. Then there’s a group of names where the singular and plural are the same - Cherokee, Impala, and Aurora. Not to mention the massively plural old Oldsmobile NinetyEight (it was spelled out - not in digits).

There is one out there that I am surprized has not been mentioned. If Cherokee et all are included since the plural is the same term even though its correct to use the term to describe only one, then surely a term that ONLY refers to a group of things even though you could call it a single group of them should be a valid answer. This is also especially so if its a common english word that most any third grader would recognize as a group of things and not a singular thing.

I am referring to the Nissan Armada. A single thing being an “Armada”? This one has bugged me for some time now, especially considering its on a huge SUV that really fits the bill for being called a boat. Do we not have enough agressive drivers out there without giving their battleships the name of an invasion fleet? How about the new Lincoln Regiment, Chrysler Platoon, Chevy Battalion, Pontiac Squadron or Ford Marine Expeditionary Force?

“How about the new Lincoln Regiment, Chrysler Platoon, Chevy Battalion, Pontiac Squadron or Ford Marine Expeditionary Force?”

Those are good, but it’s still hard to beat the “hummer” if you want to get a guy’s attention. BTW, what’s the plural of hummer?

Someone at Toyota told me that Lexus is derived from the German words Luxus. So, the plural form might be… Lex?se, Lexusen, Lexuse, Lexusnen, Lexuser, Lexusn, Lexusse.