Tesla Nabs Thief

There was a rash of air bag thefts on Hondas in three counties in Central Maryland. The thief was caught when one of his heists was videotaped by a Tesla in the parking spot next to the theft. He was hit with 25 counts of theft and damaging the cars.

1 Like

Gotta love technology.

1 Like

Note to self, keep crime down to a minimum around Tesla’s… Gezz, what is this world coming to, when it is not even safe anymore to have a used air bag business… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I applaud the capture of a criminal swiping airbags.

I am getting a little uncomfortable with the number of cameras and who has access TO those cameras… George Orwell warned us…

3 Likes

Ironic that the camera in the Tesla is orders of magnitude better resolution than the ones they put in banks :wink:

Cameras are indeed everywhere. My dash cam is set up to wake up and begin recording if my truck is jostled. Primarily for work parking lot or when out shopping. Back into my truck: If you leave your insurance info now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will {extract funds from} you (in my best Liam Neeson voice) :grinning:

2 Likes

Tesla has newer technology. Security camera’s today are very HD. You can see a license plate number from over 500 yards away.

It should be common sense that any time you are out in public anywhere, there are lots of cameras watching and recording your every move. If you are planning to do anything illegal, it would behoove you to take common-sense actions to avoid being identified from any video footage that might exist. For example, driving a non-descript car with no or covered license plate, wearing non-descript clothing which covers all your skin, a mask and gloves, etc.

And yet, to this day, people still rob businesses which are known to have plenty of cameras, and they don’t even bother to wear a mask and gloves, etc! I guess they think “luck” will allow them to get away with it?

It’s meant to be humorous. Wouldn’t you think if newer technology was available in a car, that a bank would have something at least as good? Who has more to protect?

They don’t. Believe it or not it’s considered a LOW priority. Some banks in higher crime areas or that have seen robberies will have HD camera’s. But most branches have lower quality cameras.

1 Like

They don’t think like you. Why do you have a problem figuring that out? The ex-husband of one of my wife’s relatives drove car carriers and he got hooked on cocaine while trying to drive longer shifts to earn more money. To support his habit he started robbing convenient stores. That didn’t last long. I think he’s out of prison now but I really don’t pay attention since he’s not in the family anymore. Drugs are one reason, and a big one, why some people don’t think beyond the next 5 minutes.