SUV trade-in value

I’ll be honest. I have 110,000 miles on an Oldsmobile Bravada which I want to trade in. I don’t want to take the time to sell it privately and all the dealerships that I talk to say that they wont even give me low blue book for the trade in value.

We all know that dealerships will somehow screw the buyer - lets just be honest. So the questionh is, does anyone have any idea of how to roll back mileage on a computerized/digital odometer?

By the way, I will never buy GM again. Want to know why?

LOL. Seriously, LOL a whole bunch.

Odometer fraud is a criminal offense.

Not laughing. Illegal, immoral and it makes you one of them.

And??? You never speed or cheat on your taxes?

Does your Mommie and Daddie know your on the computer?

Go ask a police officer which offense carries a heftier fine; speeding or odometer fraud. My mother bought a used Ford Windstar years ago, (an unimpressive vehicle), The catalytic converter blew out when it had about 75k on the clock. So she took to the local Ford place to have it fixed under warranty. Anyway turns out the speedometer head had been replaced at some point and before selling the car. It really had over 130k miles. The previous owner had decided to remove label on the door jamb that listed the correct mileage and didn’t feel it necessary to inform my parents that the indicated mileage was incorrect. Anyway long story short the pervious owners were sued for the cost of the repair and the cost of the vehicle. My parents got everything they asked for. Moral of the story don’t try to pull a fast one. You could very well be taken to the cleaners in court.

somehow screw the buyer - lets just be honest. So the questionh is, does anyone have any idea of how to roll back mileage

[b] lets just be honest [/b] Really?  Honest does not mean rolling the mileage back.   Besides that a dealer is not likely to be fooled.  

SUV's are not exactly a hot item with gasoline as high as it is now.  Your SUV is just not worth what it would have been with cheap gas.  

I don't see why you would not buy another GM product.  SUV's lost their value, not just GM's.  More and more cars are making it difficult or impossible to roll back mileage, not just GM.  

Take a deep breath and think about all this.  I really think once you do and put things back in perspective, you will not be so upset, and realize the only real problem you have is the high cost of fuel.  Somehow I doubt you would be thinking of defrauding a dealer and the customer that may buy the car from him, once you think about things in perspective.

I’ll be honest. … all the dealerships that I talk to say that they wont even give me low blue book for the trade in value.

Book book is running behind the times. With the cost of fuel the bottom has dropped out of the SUV market.

We all know that dealerships will somehow screw the buyer

I am not a fan of dealers, but they are and always have been out to make money. That means buying low and selling high.

lets just be honest. So the questionh is, does anyone have any idea of how to roll back mileage

That is being honest? And you are complaining about dealers?

I will never buy GM again.

That is your choice. But the more you limit your buying market, the more likely you are to lock out the best deal.

I suspect you have had a bad day and that when things cool down and after a good nights sleep, you may feel a bit less negative. Being negative will not hurt GM or the dealer, it only takes a toll on you.

Good Luck in finding the car you want and finding a good deal on it.