Suspension questions & leaking engine oil

Actually, I’m in the St. Louis area. But I’d assume that is higher rates than out in a rural area of any type.
Marnet

Oil changes every 3,000 to 3,500 at most have been done consistently the entire time I’ve owned the car.

Only time it went longer than that was on a couple of driving trips out west, where 95% of the driving was highway driving. Then it went as far as 5,000 miles a couple of times.

I’ve even changed it as early as 2,000 to 2,500 miles a few times in recent years when the car has been driven so little that it was four to six months since the last oil change.

Marnet

how do you know it’s “just another snake oil” if you’ve never even examined this particular product?

it was developed by a guy not even associated with the auto or oil industries. his career was in printing, and the solvents to keep presses clean. he figured it could be beneficial to internal combustion engines to be as clean as possible, and from many of the testimonials, HE IS RIGHT.

some of the users had years’ worth of sludge cleaned out (slowly, without causing undue damage). many claimed reduced (and even end of) oil consumption/leaks.

just about all, also had increased fuel mileage, some dramatically. (even “normally worn” engines had accumulated varnishes cleaned out)

Regarding the oil leaks, the only “real” solution is to have them located and fixed. Unfortunately, that can be time consuming/expensive (I just paid my shop for about 8 hours of labor to eliminate several tiny, but annoying, oil leaks). You really don’t “need” to have them fixed unless they are causing excessive oil usage or you don’t want to live with the messy garage floor. You can try the various “snake oils” that claim to stop leaks; they probably won’t do any harm, but don’t expect much.