Supercharging/procharging my daily driver. worth it? mods required?

The originator wrote " i just want to have a bit of fun."…well…what’s fun? I do not believe the question solved even with suggestions of the litany of parts required ‘Twin turbo’s’ are designed almost always to have a small one take up the ‘otherwise’ lag of the main turbo during initial acceleration, whilst the main turbo is ‘spooling-up’ …It should not add horsepower and torque of any quantum once main turbo engages as it’s job is to fill the compression gap in that early throttling. If you want increased power and torque it is always preferable to buy a car with those features, designed and installed and tested by the manufacturer. By modifying your own vehicle you may be ensuring that a competent assessoer will deny you indemnification of your vehicle or any other damage you cause.

1 Like

On some 8000 HP top fuel dragsters, it can take between 800 and 1000 horsepower just to drive the supercharger.

3 Likes

And some “competent” (although I would seriously doubt their competency”assessors will deny you for over age tyres, or even mods like a spoiler, fog lights etc……

1 Like

Here we go. With an electric supercharger these guys got 23% more power with only 3 PSI of boost. They kept saying 5 PSI but their gauge was showing 3 PSI near the end of the test. That’s with higher octane fuel. With regular 87 fuel the timing got delayed and it only put out 18% more power with 3 PSI of boost.

You would probably need two in parallel for a bigger engine. This test was done on a 4 cylinder.