Super-expensive replacement light bulbs?

My great grandfather was in the catering business, Now not to be racist, but it was life back then in the 20’s, had a staff of black waiters in tuxedos, now he had dignitaries from around the world visit, hellufalotof haviland china left, but my grandmother remembers him saying if we need eggs it does not matter what they cost! (ramaley pavillion white bear lake mn if you care)

lol …

A flashlight LED (or 2/3rds) has the same intensity as a 194 bulb? I suspect you look like an ambulance driving by.

Barky could you please expand a little bit. I’m tired from taxes tonight and just can’t seem to get what you were saying. What does this mean? “hellufalotof haviland china”

Our 86 Buick Park Avenue had the opera lights but the lights were florescent to give that nice white glow. Naturally after a couple years the dang things burned out and replacements were very expensive. I don’t remember what bulb I used but re-wired them for a standard bulb at considerable savings. We didn’t have LEDs back then.

I agree though, anyone that salvages a run over flashlight from the street deserves some kind of a green recycling reward.

Haviland is a french plate maker, My mom has a buffet filled with the place settings, guessing maybe 20. Dinner plates, salad plates bread and butter plates, misck gravy boats, platters, cups and saucers etc. Silverware too!

A flashlight LED (or 2/3rds) has the same intensity as a 194 bulb? I suspect you look like an ambulance driving by.

Hey, maybe that’s why people are pulling off to the side of the street … lol …

Oh I get it. I thought it was a guy from China or something but the “C” wasn’t capitalized. Gotta admit I don’t know anything about china except that Currier and Ives stuff everybody used to have. I think I’ve still got my mom’s in boxes somewhere.

My grammar has gone to the birds. a way with radio host was on an npr talk show taking questions about corrected and misused words, My favorite was my mom, an avid reader, and in college she met my dad, so let’s keep it car related for cqdilla, I bought a used car and was misled. sure you and I see it as mis lead, but my mom pronounced it as mizled long I, now that seemed so appropriate it is a standard in our family. Occasionally I wlll correct SHERBERT pronunciation as the actual spelling is SHERBET, Nissan as in sun or san, who knows Canada says san as in sand, God being anal re tentative can be fun sometimes