Suggest Me First Car?

+1
And then, they come to this site to declare that this particular make/model is “junk”, despite not having looked at maintenance records prior to purchase.

2 Likes

I hope my used car adventure would make me happy :slight_smile:
First off thing I’d do will be the check to Carfax report thus I’ll have an idea about the car maintain, how many owner it had, type of use (lease or etc…) and services report then I’ll take a drive the car with somebody I know. (and as a addition Is there any place to check the car report with VIN code except Carfax?)

If everything seems good that mean whatever manufacturer is it, it doesn’t matter because car with 5000$ would be 10 years and around 100k+ mile. It doesn’t matter whatever manufacturer is it if the owners take care of it does it matter Korean or American, or would I be better if I look the Japan car which is take care by owner (Which could be go more mile Japan, American, Korean if they maintained well)?

You are making this way to difficult. It is almost impossible to know the service history of most used vehicles. Even Carfax web site says they only have what is given to them . Many people do their own oil and filter changes so that will not show on Carfax or any of the other record sites.

If a Honda is made in the US is it still a Japanese vehicle by your definition ? What about US company branded vehicle made in other countries ?

CARSss011 , just find something you like that you think is worth your money , have a shop check it out for a fee and drive on and hope for the best.

1 Like

Word of advise…Carfax only reports what’s reported to them. Even by their own admission they only collect a fraction of all the data needed for real accurate reports. Accident reports are reported to them by insurance companies…but in many states that’s illegal. Carfax has contracts with dealers for repair work…but they don’t have those same contracts with most of the independents (which account for the vast majority of car repairs).

Look into Consumers Reports, they often list good used cars in a few price ranges, based on actual DATA, not “fun to drive.” Thousands of member/readers who answer surveys, on things like cost-of-ownership and reliability.

Be sure you get the best safety features in the price range you can afford. A car is an investment for 5 or 10 years (20, for some of us…) of safe use.

A family down the street has 3 Civics and the husband has a Honda Pilot. They’ve always had Hondas and swear by them. Reliability has ben great and I’ve never seen any of the serviced or towed

They do all routine maintenance and their cars seem to run forever.

1 Like