Sudden unintended acceleration in 2018 Honda HR-V

I suggest you start with a Honda dealership, preferably the one where the car was purchased, but it doesn’t have to be.

If you don’t get satisfaction from them, they can give you the contact information for someone at Honda, like a regional or zone manager.

1 Like

I would also put in a report with NHTSA as well

1 Like

Sorry , but very few of these incidents are mechanical failures . Almost all of them are driver error . It might be a good idea to ride with the person to see just how competent they are in a vehicle . Many new vehicles now will not let the engine race with the brake pedal being depressed.

Now that you mention that, I would also remove the driver’s floor mat if there is one. Quite often, they are the cause of unintended acceleration.

When they had Camrys suffering from unintended acceleration, the recall involved replacing the gas pedal with a shorter one.

1 Like

Sure, report it and have the dealer check the idle air control system, the drive by wire connections and so on. After that it is unlikely anything will be found. As I mentioned above the talk show host, Bruce Williams went after Chrysler for his wife’s car exhibiting the same conditions on multiple occasions. He has significant resources and contacts but ended up crushing the new car so no one else could be sold it, after getting no where having it repaired.

Well, at least he displayed decent morals–unlike a former co-worker of mine who owned a '90s-era Caddy with sudden uncontrolled acceleration. He sold it to an unsuspecting older person without disclosing the problem, and I totally lost respect for him at that point.

Several months later, his adult daughter was mowed-down by an inattentive driver, and that was an incredibly sad event, but I also think that it may have been karma coming back to haunt him for his immoral selling of a dangerous car, without informing the senior citizen to whom he sold it.