Sudden decrease in fuel economy 2007 ford freestyle

I recently bought a used 2007 Ford Freestyle with about 22,000 miles on it. I was surprised to find that I was getting an average fuel economy of around 27-28 mpg. I took it for an oil change at a Valvoline instant oil change place and got talked into letting them do a fuel system flush. My fuel economy has since plummeted. From the moment I left the place, my average fuel economy has been about 22 mpg. My driving habits have not changed and I’ve checked my tire pressure etc. Did they screw something up with the cars computer or what?

Another victim of a totally unnecessary fuel system cleaning. Sorry, but without knowing exactly what they did it’s hard to guess what might be wrong.

My only guess is that they dislodged something like a vacuum line or an electrical connection that is adversely affecting your mileage. I would take a look around and see if you find anything loose, if not have a real shop take a look and see what’s going on.

“If it aint broke fix it til it is”

As Craig 58 sez, take it to a real mechanic & have it checked out.

My mechanic has been in business for about 30 years and has a very good reputation for doing things properly.

As Mr. meehan would say “Dont even stop at a quicky lube for directions.”

That could be it. Thanks for the advice.