Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid EV Does Not Engage When Front Windshield Defrost is On

I think you’re worrying too much about the EV part of hybrid driving. The hybrid system benefits your mpgs both during EV driving and driving with the engine running. Please concentrate on the actual problems you need to get corrected.

the same mountainbike
In eth very near future all cars will be hybrids, and I never would have thought to consider this issue when buying.

As I recall, when Toyota introduced the Prius back at the turn of the century, they said that all of their models would be hybrids by 2012.

More & more I hope my current car is the last one I’ll ever have to buy.

I think I might possibly have made my last car purchase, but then some days I suspect I may have bought my last meal.

I have several Prius owning friends and have not found the energy to contact them about how theirs’ work when using defrost / ac / heat.

The “turn of the century” phrase gave me pause though.

I knew that an AWD car would perform differently, so I guess whatever the Prius does, doesn’t apply anyway.

Just happy for a warm house right now.

OK thanks texases.

I am moving beyond the EV / defrost / AC /heating issue. I have noticed the screen showing “green” engine fuel, even on the highway. Just really appreciate the “quiet” of the EV.

Worrying about a new car is an oxymoron in any sense, but I have unfortunately been living it, almost every day since buying the car.

Auto-owner, I damn near did eat my last meal. Just before I had my heart attack in 2007.
Hopefully my car won’t be as dramatic.

I have a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek touring model and just recently had this same problem where it is not going into hybrid/electric mode even with a full battery. The screen says that it’s using the hybrid when in gas mode but not at slower speeds. I know about how if it’s in A/C or front defroster mode the EV mode won’t work but it’s off. Any ideas before I contact the dealer?

I was told after months of troubelshooting and finally figuring this our for myself. Only then, did the dealer tell me that this is expected and normal behavior for the car. Sorry. I think it is this way even more so in colder climates.