Subaru 06'outback2.5xt limited 30k falls thru lemon law crack

243hp 241lb/torque@3,600.

no lights on dash showing issue. Hesitates @slow acceleration between 55-65. Master mechanic says it feels like it’s running out of gas. Has reprogrammed computer, changed oxygen sensor, air filter. Still not fixed and mechanic stumped. Rep says running as should. Only used high octane, all service on time by Subaru. I can induce problem, no other performance issues other than poorer gas mileage. Car ran beautifully for 26k. Have been going back and forth with Subaru till rep got involved. Tells me it’s a fuel issue or polution control controls on car and live with it. I have test driven newer models of like. Doesn’t do it. Dealer admitted that he would send my Showroom Quality car to auction rather than put on used lot if I bought another.

Hesitation? That’s misfiring. Should turn on the check engine light. “A fuel issue or polution control controls”? Again the light should come on. Maybe you can get the dealer to temporarily swap the engine computer?

See if you can finding any meaningful information here -> LegacyGt.com (it is the equivalent of your car down to turbo engine but in a Legacy version)

Do you know if anyone has actually scanned the car for codes and what, if any, were present? An O2 sensor and the air filter is not going to cause a speed specific problem like this so it sounds like there was some wild guessing going on.

Making a guess here, there could be a problem in the turbocharger system; waste gate problem, air leak, boost controller, impeller starting to seize, etc.
The method by which we used to check turbocharger systems is that a vacuum gauge with a long hose would be connected to an intake manifold vacuum nipple, etc. The hose would be routed from underneath the hood, through the drivers window, and the gauge placed on the dashboard. The car was then taken out on a roadway with little or no traffic to find out exactly what was going on with it.

Also curious about the fuel filter. When, if ever, was it last changed? I know the factory recommends 60k mile replacements but with many items the factory does NOT know best. Fuel filters are only one of several things that the owners manuals are incorrect on and this applies to other car makers also.

When I worked for Subaru a salesman’s demonstrator had to be towed in because the fuel filter was clogged so badly; and this car only had about 400 miles on it. A couple of others (one with about 2k miles and another with about 4k miles) were also towed due to fuel filter problems.
Just wondering if you could have a partially clogged filter that is restricting fuel volume at higher speeds.

Can someone tell OP how to find his original postings? HE has at least 3 or 4 threads started on this exact problem, and never seems to answer any questions. So, he is wasting a lot of people’s time. My guess is he never finds it again.

Of course, telling him may not work if he doesn’t find the explanation.

This woman is obviously derranged. (Hi Dear) How can a Subaru dealer and a Subaru rep, disagree in front of the customer? Why that would be ridiculous. Clearly no company would allow that to happen it would show they are not communicating with each other, or that they had not really discussed the customers problem at length hoping to get to the real cause of the problem before they put the customer to the inconvenience of bringing the car back 4 times and then asking her to come in one final time for the definitive answer. Or maybe they did, not really make a whole hearted attempt to diagnose and repair the problem. It’s been my contention that almost any problem has a solution when given careful, thoughtful, and dilligent attention. Maybe thats the problem. Instead of trying to fix the problem with a consistant plan in mind they were simply replacing the likely suspects in hopes of stumbling upon a cure. Pleas lady don’t be so silly as to think the dealer and factory rep hadn’t already tried absolutely everything they could before coming to a complete disagreement as to whats’ wrong with your car. Why you must be just spinning your wheels foolishly. (How’m I doing dear?) Thanks for your attention. Mark