Sparks Plugs

I have a 2003 Chrysler town and country van with a 3.3 liter engine and I was looking through the maintenance book and it says to change the plugs and wires at 100,000 miles, that seems like a long tme and a lot of mileage, are they Platinum or special plugs?? I want the best service out of the vehicle especially with the price of gas the way it is. Thanks for any information you can provide.

I can’t help you on your car. My 2002 Sienna has a 120,000 mile change schedule on plugs, and it definitely uses the expensive plug. I think platinum, but can’t swear to it. Try asking the dealer for recommendations, or a good independent mechanic who knows.

They are plat or irridium. 100K is common for plugs for 10 years at least. You can change them early. If you do it yourself, you have little to lose. I have two pieces of advice. First, use the same plugs that are in it now. The heat range will be correct and you will get nickel plate if that is necessary. Second, use a torque wrench to install if you have aluminum heads with no crush washers on the plugs.