Spare tire on 2000 Subaru Forester

Just had a flat-flat-flat right front tire. All new Yokohama 60,000 tires, less than 2000 miles on them. Car has 130,000 miles, always maintained per book and more per dealer who needs the money. Where’s my manual? Hmmmm. OK. Is there a fuse to change before driving on the spare? How long/far can I drive before giving dealer more money? Is Fix-a-flat ever a good solution?

Owner’s manual will outline how to do the FWD fuse etc. To me, Fix a flat is not a good option, ever. My tire guys hate to deal with the aftermath. I would drive the minimum distance or get it towed on the flat bed trailer.

I am sure you are venting, but while it is good that you kept up maintenance on the car, this is probably either a road hazard or a tire warranty situation. Don’t confuse the two.

Hopefully the tire can be fixed and you move on.

Just had a flat-flat-flat right front tire. All new Yokohama 60,000 tires, less than 2000 miles on them. Car has 130,000 miles, always maintained per book and more per dealer who needs the money. Where’s my manual? Hmmmm. OK. Is there a fuse to change before driving on the spare? How long/far can I drive before giving dealer more money? Is Fix-a-flat ever a good solution?

I’m getting emails saying there are responses but can’t get to them with URL in emails.

Most tire chain stores will repair a flat tire for free, no matter where you purchased the tires. Fix a flat is bad, don’t use it.

You are looking at your responses.

Thanks about fix-a-flat. AAA is on the way. Belt in new tire is gone, no longer round, so new tire is necessary.

Thanks. Tire belt is flattened, tire is now D-shaped, how I don’t know. I’m more concerned about not screwing up the car by driving with the wrong fuse, AWD vs FWD, etc. Have called dealer and will sort it out.