Something tells me this describes a number of us

I have a few favorites at the dollar tree stores that I stock up on that are as good as and occasionally better than the name brands. As a word of advice. If you have not tried it just buy one. I have discovered 3 or 4 ‘clunkers’.

Yup!
So much for the supposed prosperity in this post-2016 era.

Just be aware that you have to do comparison shopping.
I took a friend there to buy the $1 gift bags, and he got carried away.
In addition to the gift bags, he bought a few cans of Ajax cleanser for “only” $1 each.
The next week, he discovered that the identical cans of Ajax cost only 88 cents at Wal-Mart.

I did that years ago when I bought my 2 young Granddaughters cheap little flashlights for Halloween. About 2 months later I found the same ones at Wal-Mart for 69 cents. The extra 62 cents did not send me to the poor house but as always ‘Caveat Emptor’.

1 Like

But judging by the vehicles in the parking lots, that has changed. Pretty much anybody, rich or poor, old or young, now shops

I read somewhere a while back the best small city’s for retired people to live in each state & it was judged by a dollar store being within 10 mile;s or less

I am perhaps the biggest Yard Sale of Diametrically Opposed traits it would be nearly impossible to pigeon hole my character. I sort of enjoy it… and yes I can assemble many an engine…and wrap a gift.

Is there a prize for that or am I the first loser?

presents???

We are not people of limited means, just above it and we have been going to our Dollar Tree for years. Their cleaning chemicals for kitchen and bathroom are known brands. Their aluminum baking pans have done a lot of turkeys. Their food is all in date and holiday supplies are in a wide variety.

Morning, last I looked we were talking about cars again (thanks @VDCdriver and @db4690) so could we please go back there? Thanks.