Solved, and you'll never guess! HELP! Dead battery and funny smell. VSC and check engine lights on and off. Charging system and battery good

Every amp I have installed has fused power lead from battery. Amp is always hot. The head unit turns on amp. I would have to look at schematic to see if factory amp is similar.

Donā€™t forget to let him back out or you will have a different smell in a few days.

4 Likes

Many (all?) vehicles have a way to unlock the trunk manually from the inside, and you canā€™t get locked in as long as you know where the handle is. Check the Camryā€™s trunk and see if it is there.

1 Like

Of course there is, lol. I was a joking. I just had him get in and close the trunk so he could see if the bar was indeed touching the wires when closed. It was. The only reason I didnā€™t get in is extreme claustrophobia. Not because I feared I couldnā€™t get out :slight_smile:

Oh shoot! Let me run out thereā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

This is what Iā€™ve read. And with my car turned off, the amp made all sorts of sounds when messing with the fuse.

This is what first got made me investigateā€¦ a long comment a ways downā€¦

@jtsanders It was a joke son. Donā€™t take it so seriously. Correct ever since kids started dying in trunks, handles that glow in the dark were put in trunks. OTOH, older cars donā€™t have this feature so always check before locking yourself in a trunk.

Is there an echo in here? The OP already said that. I was just trying to be a nice guy. I can see that it is still true that no good deed goes unpunished.

That has almost always been my experience!
:unamused: