So, who has the coolest car name?

One of my relatives has a Juke and absolutely loves everything about it

Every time I see one, I think “bug eyes”

Everytime I see a Juke, I think “Butter face”

Every time I see a Juke, I think “chigger”.

I think the same thing everytime I see a Juke but most of it’s not appropriate for this forum.
The headlights keep me asking the question of WITH were they thinking…

Regarding the cool stuff, Shelby A/C Cobra and Shelby Cobra Mustang along with the Shelby Super Snake.

@jtsanders

Here you go

https://www.google.com/search?q=chigger+picture&tbm=isch&source=iu&imgil=sl5MVyFfxNQagM%3A%3Bhttps%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcS_lNzpKRMtqoU0uH-8xzZO-6CD0I-bt93wChOAgnstpKSbsjf%253B300%253B250%253BqZwIhwJJJh6ETM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.domyownpestcontrol.com%25252Fchiggers-c-501_503.html&sa=X&ei=YbWvUuKOG5PioASQqIKoCg&ved=0CD8Q9QEwCQ&biw=1241&bih=583#facrc=&imgdii=_&imgrc=sl5MVyFfxNQagM%3A%3BqZwIhwJJJh6ETM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.domyownpestcontrol.com%252Fimages%252Fcontent%252Fchigger.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.domyownpestcontrol.com%252Fchiggers-c-501_503.html%3B300%3B250

we have a super snake at work, but it’s a person

He acts like he’s a friend, then he snitches you out as soon as your back’s turned

I had a Juke as a rental. I always try to rent something I’ve never driven before. It was fairly peppy and felt well put together. But it was ugly and the handling was only mediocre. On top of that, it had about 6" too little legroom for my 6’3" frame, even with the seat all the way back, which got old pretty quickly.

How about some of the stupidest names for cars? I always thought “Aviator” was a really dumb name for a land yacht. “Aspire”–some day it aspires to actually be a car.

How about some of the stupidest names for cars?

Daewoo Nubira
Hyundai Veloster (love the car, name is stupid)
Kia Cee’d
Ford Aspire (aspire to what? Sure as hell wasn’t there yet)
Any car with a jumble of letters and numbers that isn’t a BMW. 3.2TL/Q45/i30/etc. Name it a name we can remember.

Any car with a jumble of letters and numbers that isn't a BMW. 3.2TL/Q45/i30/etc. Name it a name we can remember.

Remember the Ford Talladega? That’s a good one.

Other bad ones were from our friends at Mitsubishi. Starion. Cordia. Tredia. Those last two caused wags to say they were inspired by tire parts, and would soon be followed by the Beadia and Valve Stemia. I’ve always disliked Toyota’s made up names. Camry. Huh? Yaris - sounds like a guy trying to get the tobacco plug out of his windpipe. They do better with real words like Corona and Tercel (that one I especially like, though the car was bland). At least it sounded better than what followed, the Echo. A very faint, unoriginal car. That barely lasted a generation before settling on Yaris, what it was already called elsewhere. They should go back to Tercel.

Honda has generally had pleasant names, though Fit bothered me at first. Too many meanings for ‘fit’ that aren’t positive. I also was bugged by Prelude. Made me want to check out the car following it - maybe a Sonata would be apt. Or the old Austin Allegro or Honda Concerto (also made by Austin for the European market.) Music seems to have inspired a surprising number of car names, especially Hondas and Austins. The Fit is the Jazz in Europe. There was once a Honda Ballade, too, and the Austin Maestro. The Rondo was a forgettable Kia. Kia also has Forte and Cadenza, so I guess they’ve climbed on the bandwagon now that Austin doesn’t need a seat. I suppose a Juke is kind of musical, too. Not the vehicle, at all, just the name. The Samba was either a model of VW bus or a very obscure eighties Talbot. Very, very obscure. Until running into it a minute ago I’d forgotten about that brief resurrection of the Talbot nameplate. And I’ve seen a Tango, an electric two seater licensed as a motorcycle. No, thanks.

The Encore is either an old Renault or a current Buick. They must be hoping people have forgotten the Renault, the hatchback version of the Alliance (nice name, and apt for the first product resulting from Renault’s ill-fated purchase of AMC).

“The Encore is either an old Renault or a current Buick” --correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the Buick an “Enclave”? I don’t think there’s a Buick Encore. I do think the Encore is a dumb name though. I think the audience left the theater before the Encore could occur…

Other dumb names that come to mind: Windstar and Freestar. Tribeca–sounds like my cat coughing up a hairball. The 80s compact Pontiac “LeMans” that was an insult to the LeMans of yesteryear. The Renault “Fuego”, which lived up to its name as so many of them caught fire. I always thought the Plymouth “Acclaim” was an over optimistic name for a rather unexciting car.

@bscar That Mazda is a real piece of pi(e)! Like the vanity plate too.

Bonus points for who knows the Plymouth Cricket’s home country/manufacturer. Not many bug names, although there are lots of Spiders/Spyders. The Hornet, the Super Bee, what else??

The 1980s LeMans was a rebadged Opel Kadett E, which was a good seller in Europe and not considered a bad car at the time

As for those AMC clunkers from the 1980s . . . I read a book recently “Engines of change” which explained the whole fiasco. Apparently Iacocca wanted the Jeep brand. But Jeep belonged to the French at the time. So, to get Jeep, he had to agree to sell the other crap in the US

As for those AMC clunkers from the 1980s . . . I read a book recently "Engines of change" which explained the whole fiasco.

He wanted Jeep AND two of AMC’s plants that were completely automated. At the time they were by far the most automated American automotive manufacturing plant in the world.

The problem was not with the plants, but with the rebadged Renault products; the “Alliance”, and other losers. These cars did not even measure up against the mediocre US products of the 80s and 90s.The plant near Toronto, Canada was located on “Renault Drive” and was a greenfield suburban plant incorporting all the latest technologies, a far cry from the Chrysler plants in Detroit. It’s ironic that Renault bought AMC to get a new foothold in the North American market as well get as the Jeep division, which had no equivalent in France.

Sadly Renault neither understood the tastes of North American drivers or the need for reliable, durable vehicles.

P.S. I’m not sure if Chrysler was able to get the street renamed.

Regarding bug names: the BUG (Beetle) of course!

I don’t know if this qualifies but many years ago while at the post office I spied what I though was a Honda Civic, one of the very early ones. The owner had removed all reference to the make and had literally plastered every conceivable model name and performance designation that I can remember. He did a great job and it was neatly done and all seem original. Plaques like “Hemi v8” " turbo charged" " 5 speed" " TDR" “Super Duty” …etc. and none seemed to conflict. The car was very readable and myself and another car guy just walked around the car laughing. Subtle things like a front emblem were also included. We waited to talk to the owner, but left when it seemed too long. Regardless, I’ll always remember that car. I guess little things amuse little minds. But it really seemed like a “statement car” making fun of how we merchandizing cars and identify with them. Wow, I have a hemi ! Suddenly, the car looks better !

I take it back… I actually had a Buick Encore park next to me today. Weird how these things work out.