So, who has the coolest car name?

@missileman

Thanks @bscar2. I guess I was wrong about the dark since they had lights. I’m still puzzled though why it came out so bad.

If you’ve ever seen the show, you’d already know the answer. :smiley:

Most modern car names are downright cheesey or could be used as a title in one of those old Japanese monster flicks.

“Lumina vs Maxima”; the horror begins with Tokyo being stomped into oblivion… :slight_smile:

Worst modern car name ever: Juke.

What was Nissan thinking?

I could be mistaken, but I think the Juke was a hit for Nissan. Much credit goes to those cool hamsters.

Just my 2 cents, the Juke not only has a corny name but is flirting with Aztek ugly.

I’m not too keen on the Cruze name attached to a certain model of Chevrolet; a mangled spelling obviously used to appear hip and cool.

I believe the Hamsters are credited for the Kia Soul. The Juke rhymes with p***.

Chevy Sonic sounds/looks funny to me.

Galant, I think you’re right. But I like the hamsters anyway.

Gotta be a tie between Gremlin and Yugo. :slight_smile:

Meant that to be a comment about the WORST names for cars. LOL

Also think the Sprint was misnamed. Never saw one successfully hard accelerate. It was like watching a car powered by hamsters under the hood.

Actually i think hamsters would have been faster than the little motor in the sprint. Back in the early 90’s my brother drove a family friends Chevy Sprit ER back from Wenatchee Washington over the pass and felt like he needed to pedal faster the whole way. The rest of the youth group in the Ford van (with a 351 at least or whatever Budget would have ordered) were passing semi’s and he was just trying to keep up to the speed limit.

The Subaru “Brat” was an appropriate name for a pickup truck with seats in the back. How unconventional and anti-social can you get?

@VDCdriver

Lamborghinis are all named after legendary bulls from the world of bull-fighting.

Except for the Countach, which is an Italian expression of amazement on seeing a beautiful woman.

I always liked the Acura Legend as a car name. I think they were stupid to get rid of the cool names and go with stupid stuff like “RL/TL/RSX/ILX.”

The Dodge Ram series were well-named too.

But probably the coolest in my book would be the almost unheard-of Lotec Sirius, which also gets my vote as one of the more beautiful supercars ever made:

actually there are several Lambo’s that are not named after famous bulls. The first two models were the 350 GT and the 400 GT. There is one model that is named after the farm where the famous bulls are raised.

I always thought that Pantera was a cool name. There was even a metal rock band with a similar name.

The Chinese come up with some impossible to remember designations and goofy model names.
A few of those I remember from a recent auto show article were:
DongFeng Crazy Soldier
Teng Hua Book of Songs
Teng Hua Detroit Fish

The last is supposed to be amphibious but being low slung, no doors, and open on both ends leads me to think that it should probably have a “Swamped” badge on it… :slight_smile:

Good grief. Methinks the Chinese have a rather different cultural outlook to naming things.

Google ‘crazy Japanese car names’ for a laugh, the Chinese have nothing on the Japanese…

@shadowfax – That is one fantastic looking car!

@texases – uh, uh, uh,…okay, you’re right, the Japanese have even odder names for cars than do the Chinese. LOL Makes me think of the old joke about the perfect name for a seller of Greek wines to be Thermopoli Decanter.