So what is holding the rear wheels?

Back when I was a by cycle nut with way too much time on my hands and road raced, I would take every bearing and clean and re lube them on my racing bike. That was before they came in races and had to be re packed individually. That came in handy when I discovered the single bearing on my belt driven turntable needed replacement…I had an immediate replacement source and all the low friction bearing grease I needed. Bearings are everywhere cause they help make the “world turn”, so to speak.

@WESW; you keep adding springs and you’ll have to use both feet to operate the gas.

I had a Ranger that the throttle had stuck on me while out running errands. I had no tools to pull the throttle body but there was a hardware store nearby. I went in and bought the longest spting I could get and attached it from the throttle to somewhere I could anchor the end.
It worked until I got home, but it sure was a stiff peddle.

Yosemite

when I first got the truck it had a huge spring on it that and it was as you say. I think its in one of my tackle boxes of truck parts…

I once doubled up the spring on a VW Bug. The original engine was a 1961 1200cc. The replacement engine was a 65 1300cc brought up to 1600cc. The original engine used the spring around the throttle cable pushing the cable away from the blower housing. The replacement carburator had the spring that went from the throttle shaft bracket to a bracket up on top cover of the carburator.

Anyway, I thought it would be safer to have two throttle clossing springs. When I drove it, the pedal was noticeably strong. Whenever, I was not concentrating on it, I would find my speed dropping. I would look down to the speedometer and it would be at 45-50 instead of 65-70. Not a good idea driving I-405 through LA.

Needles to say the newer spring was summarily DCd.