Sluggish Power

I have a 2008 Mkz front wheel drive, lately it’s been running sluggish with a wired sound. can any one please let me know what the problem may be so i can shop around for a good mechanic

Thanks
James

No way to tell. Could be a number of things, some damaging to your engine. Get it to a mechanic ASAP.

What do you mean by a “wired sound” ? Does that mean it has a profound whine when driven??

Let me suggest you visit this sites mechanics files to find a good mechanic in your area. You don’t need to know what is wrong with the car to find a good mechanic.

A good mechanic will tell you what is wrong if you explain to them exactly what the car is doing and what you feel and hear when it happens. Don’t walk in and tell them what to fix. This is always a recipe for disappointment on your part.

Is the check-engine light on?

Look in the “mechanics files” area of this site for a recommended mechanic in your area.

I expect OP miss-typed, meant to write “weird” sound.

Sluggish-ness is often a sign of some routine maintenance issue that has gotten behind schedule and not addressed for a little too long. Spark plugs, engine air filter, fuel filter, ignition timing, on engines with variable valve timing, deferring oil changes, etc.