Slow coolant leak

1997 Cadillac Seville, loosing coolant; it has been pressure checked, new water pump,flushed, new thermostat,new head gaskets. The car runs well 97,000 miles on it North star engine… Can any one help

You need to get the system pressure tested by a competent mechanic, not one that just swaps parts because he or she can’t find the leak. Chances are, you need a new radiator, but don’t just pay to get a new one until you know for sure.

I have only taken the car to a Cadillac garage and they pressured checked it and replaced the coolant some one said the coolant may be to thin and I may need a heavier weight one?

If you are really losing coolant and your Cadallac garage can’t find where it is going, it is time to get a second opinion.

Heavier coolant? That is a new one. I didn’t know they came in different weights.

I wonder if this might be the infamous Dexcool-head gasket issue. In any case, you need a second opinion from a better troubleshooter than your Cadillac garage.

tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ADDRESSING MY PROBLEM i WISH i WOULD HAVE ASKED BEFORE i PAID 3,000.00 FOR NEW HEAD GASKETS

Top three candidates, block plugs, coolant reservoir and water pump. It could be lots of thing, though.

Just to add to Beadsandbeads, other culprits include heater hoses and the heater core. Heater core becomes suspect when there is a weird haze build-up on the windshield or funky sweet smell in the interior of the car.