Slippery problem

OK I HAVE A 1999 FOR WINDSTAR 3.8.IT WAS BLOWING OIL OUT THE SIDES WHERE THE CHINA WALLS ARE.ON BOTH SIDES.I PCV IS SUCKING OIL UP TO THE INTAKE.I KNOW THERE IS A REPLACEMENY VALVE COVER TO CORRECT THAT BUT MY PROBLEM IS WHEN THE VAN IS RUNNING SND I TAKE OFF THE OIL CAP THE IS A LOT OF SMOKE STREAMING UO OUT OF THERE LIKE A TRAINS SMOKE STACK.IF I TAKE THE DIP DICK OUT WHILE ITS RUNNING, OIL STARTS OVERFLOWING FROM THERE TOO.I JUST REPLACED THE UPPER AND LOWER INTAKE MYSELF THING THAT THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN WHAT IT WAS.IT FIXED THE BAD OIL LEAK,ROUGH IDLE,AND STALLING BUT DIDNT STOP THAT.THE ENGINE HAS NEVER OVER HEATED BEFORE.WOULD THE REDESIGNED VALVE COVER CORRECT THAT OT DOES IT SOULD LIKE ANOTHER PROBLEM?.I TALKED TO A MECHANIC YETERDAY WHO TOLD ME WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE PROBLEM IS BUT I`LL WAIT FOR SOMEONE ON HERE TO TELL ME THE SAME THING FIRST.I INSTALLED NEW UPPER AND LOWER GASKETS ,PLUS,WIRES.ANTIFREEZE,CHANGED THE OIL AND EVEN ADDED A BOTTLE OF LUCAS OIL TREATMENT.I ASO PUT ON A NEW EGR,IDLE CONTROL,AND COIL.I KNOW SOME OF THESE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM.IM JUST LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT IVE DONE TO THE VAN SO FAR…THANKS

When you use all capital letters I really can’t read your note, and I think that’s why you get no replies.

The all caps makes it hard to read and you did not state how many miles are on the engine.
If the PCV valve has been changed, there is no restriction in the PCV hoses, etc., and considering the vehicle is going on 10 years old, my suspect would be a piston ring problem. This could be verified with a dry and wet compression test or leak down test.

Stroke57, What problem(s) does the engine have, now? I’m kinda befuddled. If it’s a lot of blow-by, you could reseal the valve stems (there is a way to do that without taking the cylinder heads off. The only cure for leaking piston rings is replacement of the rings; but, you don’t have to stop the blow-by unless it’s very excessive. Just change the pcv valve, and spray clean the intake tract, throttle plate and bore, and change the oil-fouled spark plugs more often.

When you reply, you can click on POST YOUR REPLY, type your reply, hit Preview, read your reply, click on EDIT if you need to make corrections to ideas or grammar, and click on Submit. It helps us, to help you, when the writing is done well.

I agree. Very difficult to read.

This is why books are printed in lower case. The eye learns to recognize the shapes of common words, eg, “the” has a distinct shape, lower on the right, a peak in the center, etc. With the eye recognizing common words by the shape, you can read much quicker and easier. With all CAPS, that advantage is gone, and it’s more difficult to make sense of a paragraph, as you have to spell out each word.

I’m sorry, I could not get past the first couple of lines. ALL CAPS and no space after a period and no paragraph structure makes it very difficult to read. I just can’t wade through it.

I’m tempted to post a set of rules of grammar and spelling for posters, but it would be too long and wouldn’t be read anyway.

I wonder what “CHINA WALLS” are?

If you want to virtually guarantee that the rules would not be read, put them inside an Owner’s Manual!

As you probably know by now, at least 20% of the questions in this forum are on topics that are covered in that little book. When people ask questions on everyday topics that are actually covered in that manual, it reminds me of someone who stands in front of a library, asking passersby if they know how one would go about locating reference sources.

But, you are definitely correct about posting etiquette. Recently, there has been a rash of postings that are virtually impossible to comprehend, or at least are difficult on the eyes.

"I wonder what “CHINA WALLS” are? The same as the CAPS KEY. You can’t see through or over.

I suspect that you have excessive blowby, i.e. the piston rings are not keeping the fuel/air inside the cylinders. Have the mechanic do a compression check and a blowdown test on the cylinders. If the leakage is less that 70% on the blowdown, you are probably looking at a rebuild.