Should I replace the gas in a rented vehicle?

I have never needed a loaner car from a dealer, but have had rentals from a collision shop with attached rental office and the last time I did I was offered the choice of paying for a full tank of gas or returning it with the tank full like I got it. I stopped at the collison shop to check out my repaired car before returning the rental and the lot guy from the rental officecame over to get the car and I told him I was going across the street to fill it up and he said, don’t bother, I will give you the same gas price and then came by and said, no charge for the gas. The rental was paid for by my car insurance.

Depends on the dealership whether or not you should fill the tank. My dealership specifically tells you not to. Customers not having to mess with gas fillups is part of their customer service philosophy.

1 Like

Three things come to mind:

1. That policy does NOT mean “fill the tank” only to replace what you used.
  2. Dealers generally don’t replace the gas they use test driving (sometimes multiple test drives), used idle the car to warm it up, or to run the cars for A/C testing before and after the repair. So why should I.
  3. Sorry but you are 3 years late to the party, every one went home already.
2 Likes

Why do you think people need your obvious spam link . The repair facility will tell you what the rental or poaner policy is .

Why do Spammers have to drag up old threads ?

I’m just trying to help. I have posted a link. That doesn’t mean that I’m spamming a thread. Is it bad if I’m sharing a source I found helpful?