Should I have two Identical Cars? Benefits in this?

I’m also a fan of Nice Price or Crack Pipe

I read it while eating my lunch at work . . . it’s always good for a few laughs

Wasn’t there a Ford Tempo in immaculate condition awhile back . . . but the seller was asking crack pipe money for it?

Same idea . . . old car, immaculate condition, but still just an old family sedan

I’d avoid a 2005 Camry or any other model of similar vintage with only 13K miles. That’s not enough use. You’ll likely have fuel system, transmission, & engine problems develop. Cars have to be driven regularly to keep everything working correctly, and even better if there’s a lot of freeway-speed driving. If the 2005 Camry had 160k miles on it, like your car, I’d be more enthused about it.

Your idea to buy an identical make/model/year may seem like it makes sense, but I think on a practical basis you’d be way better off to use that expense to instead keep your current Camry well maintained. If you find you need a part someday, and in the unlikely event it is not available from the dealership or aftermarket, you can almost certainly find it at a car parts re-cycler for a reasonable price. It’s a Camry after all, very widely sold vehicle.

Keep in mind that you will have a second insurance payment, second dmv registration fees, second vehicle tax and second state inspection to keep up with if your state has those … is it worth it just to have a second identical vehicle around for short drives? I get your logic, but as other posters mentioned, a car that old with such low miles may have other problems since the fluids probably haven’t been circulating as they should. The camry is a reliable car. Sell the old one and get a newer model one!