Should I get another car

Ive very rarley used expensive oil and Ive had it good with very cheap used old cars. Most of my cars I bought for $1000.00 and I got a lot of years and miles out of them. PLus they were cheap on everything repairs, gas.

Plus I was hard on them. Not as hard on as some people but I was hard on them and somewhat casual about maintanance

I love old cheap cars. I dont have to worry if something terrible happens. Just buy another if that happens.

also I read to use regular oil in old cars because it was stated that synthetics can cause an old car to leak.

the dealer I was getting those 1k cars from recently told me its 3k now because of inflation. That kind of pissed me of a bit.

Hes been encouraging me to keep my olds with out knowing much about my car. I told him ablout the one rust issue and he still didnt try to sell me on another car.

Im wondering if he just for some reason doesnt want to sell me another car. I havent been a very good customer but I havent been that bad of one either. He was the one I blasted on the phone about the 85 colt not being well maintained but that was many years ago and Ive bought other cars from him since and have been very patient with unrevealed repairs that werent very expensive.

Ive ben very trusting of him because of the referral I got and he hasnt sold me anything seriously problematic. But the cheapest car on his lot is a boring sentra sedan listed at 4k so Im not very interested though its probably a good deal.

Im assuming its boring because the old sentras were and I wont have much cargo room.

I’d like to get a car very similar to that 90 GT HB mayby with even more cargo space if that would be as economical. If I hadnt wrecked my 89 colt I might still have that. All it needed was a head gasket at $500 bucks and I think that was improved by 1991 because of the consumer reports report on that. The head gasket was only leaking oil.

On my 1999 Chevy Malibu and my 1992 Plymouth Laser, I used the cheaper non-synthetic blend oil on them. For my 2010 Nissan Versa, I’ve used the same stuff the manufacturer put in it which is synthetic blends. It’s always good to stay consistent with the type of oil you use. I pay extra for it but in the long run, less costly repairs down the line. But like any machine, years of usage wears it down no matter what you do.

None of my cars called for synthetic. I got 160k miles out of that poor condition 85 colt and someone bought it from me. Every car Ive had since then were much better cars. I think they coudve gone a long way if Id been more careful or careful period. I believe I couldve gotten mayby 500k miles out of some of the cars ive owned.

With out major issues.

ive driven taxis that were very old and had 300k miles on them or more and was balled out by a customer saying her cloths were going to stink from the smell of the very old seats.

That was a long time ago the late 80’s. Fords I forget the model name. Back then I was told by one of their mechanics that he liked old chevys because if they over heat its not a problem.

Yeah my malibu and my laser were both used when I bought them. My Nissan was brand-new when I got it, my first brand new car. I was excited lol. I’m 32 years old and have only owned 3 cars my whole life. I tend to hold on to cars for long periods of time. My laser, I owned it for 6 years, My malibu I owned it nearly 9 years. The reason I got rid of the plymouth was I wanted a four door sedan instead of a sports car and I was getting tired of driving a stick shift lol. The malibu I would’ve kept it longer but the engine on it went caput and it would’ve costed me a few grand to get a new engine and I wasn’t willing to do that. It was time to get another one. Now the nissan I plan on keeping after its paid off because my son is 8 years old and I figure when he turns 16, he can drive the Versa. When the Versa is paid off, in 4 years, I’ll buy me a nice new car and keep the versa.

Those versas seem interesting but I havent driven one. And you brought me back to another point that if I dont spend much on a car and the engine goes; I could just then get another car. But Ive never had that problem. Well except for I very stupidly bought a Honda accord for 5k once and got too busy to take very good care of it and blew a head gasket and Ive kicked myself for buying such an expensive car. I actually regret every time I spent more than 1k on a car. I did much better in the 1k to buy cars. Much better. But I had a dealer who I believe wouldnt sell anything that could become too problematic. And now hes telling me its 3k because of inflation and thats got me upset.

Versa’s are nice. They came out in 2006 or 2007. I never considered buying one, I was looking at the Kia’s, Ford Focus, Chevy Cobalts, and Honda Fits when I was car shopping last year, basically I was trying to keep it under 20k and my mom knew one of the salesman at the Nissan Dealership and he called me and showed me some cars and then showed me the Versas and I test drove one and I liked it, then went home went online did some research and Versas got good reviews and so I bought it. There’s two versions of the versas…hatch back and sedan. I liked the hatchbacks better. It’s a good car. I could’ve bought a cheaper used car but I wanted something that had no previous owners, had a warranty, and of course brand new car smell lol. Hondas are nice cars, but even the used one are expensive. I had one Honda Salesman show me a 2005 Civic for 16k and I looked at it and it had a few dings on it, the tint on one of the windows was peeling (aftermarket tint) and the previous owner was a smoker. I was like…you gonna try to get me to pay 16k for this? The only problem with the Versa is the seats in it aren’t good for long commutes lol. I drove cross country in the car this summer and after driving 9 hours a day, my back hurt. I drove my malibu cross country once and my back wasn’t sore.

Im upset also bout that because I very recently met a guy with a very old I think 80s honda civic that he said he got for $700 in great shape and low miles station wagon. I think he said it had bout 80k miles. This car was beautiful. he was offered 1500 for it and I was tempted to offer 2k for it.

I know. I went thru that with the hondas even with private owners. I had private owners of hondas trying to get alot of money for their abused and rusted out hondas.