Should I get another car

I meant support this great service you have here.

P.S. Yes I live in an area where they dump salt on the roads when it snows and I can see how that couldve caused this rust issue.

I’m sorry if I upset anyone. There’s a certain amount of emotional turmoil associated with me on this subject so it may have caused me to be a little negative. I didnt mean any harm at all.

I think you have a plan. Get some miles out of the repairs you’ve put into the car recently. It won’t last forever, so start putting money aside for a down payment on another car. If you must have a Colt, you may have some success finding one on ebay. It could be located several states away since there aren’t many Colts out there to begin with.

I’d take a look at a Honda Fit. Perhaps it will meet your needs.

Thanks Uncle Turbo. But if the colt is not going to be economical then that seems to defeat part of the purpose anyway. I feel like I need to think about that. The honda fit. My first reaction to that is oh my arent they expensive? Mayby not in the long run. I’m used to bottom feeding. I grew up around comments of buying a car for $50. I was shocked to have to pay $800 for my first colt HB 4 spd 1985. I got extremly upset when I discovered it wasnt a perfect creampuff and called the dealer and let him have it over the phone.

It went from $50 for a used car; Im talking 1973 not 1910 to not likely much for 2k? Thats one hell of an inflation!

This is so much fun being able to vent like this and actually have people respond.

And people that are worth listening to also.

Well I did forget I gues that those cheap cars were pieces of crap compared to what I have driven since.

Oh God the oldest fit is only 5 yrs old. Thats out of the price range I’d like to be in. And it seems smaller than the colts.

Only 2 Colts listed on ebay right now. If you ever find a decent one, buy it. There won’t be many opportunities and you sound like a true Colt fanatic.

Its that GT HB that was; you can get all this for around 2k! Plus its great on gas and economical and it was a sports car in my opinion plus a decent size cargo area. Plus it was very comfy and beautiful interior and a dream to drive. That was a lot of bang for the buck. And it wasnt noisy as far as I can remember. But if buying one is no longer economical that takes a chunk of the excitement out of the picture. I should I think take abetter look around to see if mitsu didnt actually make one of those but I remember mitsu’s were more expensive but if I could get that paticular car I guess I’d be willing to pay a little more.

That first colt HB Had 104k miles on it and I had it for around 4 yrs and ran it up to around 160k miles and sold it for a few hundred bucks. I had put a lot of my stuff in the car once and drove to clearwater Florida and lived there for 8 months and drove back to Pa. And that was just an 85 basic 4 spd colt that was in close to poor condition when I bought it. I was kind of hard on that car too. For $800.

The reason I sold it was the mechanics I knew at the time couldnt make the auto choke perform properly-the car ran rough when cold. Plus the interior had gotten very crappy. and the car was no longer exciting to me. Plus it had something else going on where I dont know and I didnt want to bother getting it fixed.

just let the colt go…move to the next stage in life, where you buy a slightly more expensive car, with less miles, and your dependability will go up.

so saving some money is the key for this to happen. milk the ciera for what it is worth, then buy the car you can afford. whether it’s $2k or $4k it doesn’t matter, but buy newer versus older.

down the road, you will be more satisfied that you are not spending a lot of energy in the shop.

Thats sensible. Thanks gdawgs. I dont see why people are so funny about shops. My best shops were never very expensive for me. Recently my bill got high I think because I went to pep boys for convienience.

Shops can get tricky. Some charge more than others. I usually try to get price quotes first. I took my car to a local automotive shop for its regular service because I didn’t feel like driving 63 miles to the nearest nissan dealership for an oil change and I went to a couple of autoshops in town to find out what they charge. I paid more for the local shop than I normally would at the dealership but for 65 bucks the shop I took it to not only changed my oil but they inspected the motor, gave it a good lube job, topped off all the other fluids and so forth.

Either you live in a high rent area or Ive been lucky to find shops that are very reasonable on price. Not only that but theyve been very honest and competent.

How bout that shop in cali that won the golden wrench award that only charges $23 an hr.?

For awhile I was living in South Carolina and everything was expensive there…In Northern Nevada, the shops are pretty reasonable price wise, for the most part. Also I use Synthetic Blend Oil on my car which costs more than regular oil.