Should I buy my leased BMW or buy a new car

I would add that every issue has been covered under warranty and if the car is CPOed then Factory warranty continues for a long time.

Right now the $32K is not a bad price for the car. Where I live (if you have maintained the car meticulously), you could expect to pay about $34K for this car from a private party in its base configuration. Add on the mileage fees to see where you will end up.

Life is too short to drive a boring car if you can actually afford the one you like (which means: can you afford to repair it if necessary?). A sun roof is no substitute for a true convertible. But, that convertible top will eventually need replacement.

Nobody can guarantee that any car you purchase will be trouble-free. As cars become more computer controlled, there is more to go wrong. And, no matter what brand you are talking about, electronics replacements are expensive.

More expensive and/or more difficult to diagnose by even the dealer trained techs. How many catalytic converters have been replaced when it was really the O2 sensor throwing the code?