Should I buy an Audi?

Daq, you sound like a man I’d get along well with.

I love exercise and hard work. I could sit and watch it for hours.

Audi’s are designed and built by people that Benz, BMW, Porsche, no longer have any use for…That was true for the POS Fox and it’s true today…The Highlands Ranch to Vail commuters learned the hard way and you have discovered what they think about Audi dealers…

Buy the Audi if you feel the need for the name plate and don’t mind paying the Audi premium to the dealer for service.

The Audi computer is reading a whole bunch of sensors connected to a whole bunch of things that exceed anything else I have driven. I just went through a check engine sequence nightmare that cost a fortune. Audi does things its own way and yes it is a fine car, if you have the bucks. I paid for things at a rate twice and, in some cases, three times the norm. Try two water pumps (one of which is impossible to get to), two timing belts AND chains, and a useful feature called a secondary air pump (to make California happy?) that has a history of making noise/going bad and must be replaced - if you want the check engine light to stay off.

All routine maintenance is 2.5 to 3 times more than my other vehicles.

One of the cars that impressed me the most driving it, was an Audi Quattro.I have worked on just about every Audi model made. Would I own an Audi? Never.

As a Honda owner, you would be better off with another Honda product-The Acura.

Perhaps a Subaru WRX might be you.

“Perhaps a Subaru WRX might be you.” Yes,…Another gem…

The word “Subaru” pops up in over 3000 threads on this board…

I agree with “Goldwing”. If you want a car with a poor reliability record, lease it, don’t buy it. Be willing to accept the additional cost of leasing over ownership for the privi of driving a less reliable car with a logo you value. People drive their SAABs/Volvos/MBs for years with that in mind.

If you work on cars for a living, they are all ‘gems’, caddyman.

I, too, have been considering an Audi, the Q7. Most non-Audi owners I have spoken to say they are junk. I then started talking to random Audi owners in parking lots, etc. To date, I have spoken to 12 different owners. All say they love their cars (most were A4’s) and would definitely buy another one.
I suppose somewhere in between, the truth lies.
So, I am still considering the Audi, along with Honda Pilot, Chevy Traverse, and Buick Enclave. (The last two are essentially the same.)
With the Audi, I’d fully know that maintenance costs will be higher, but I could accept that. I don’t care for the fact that it has a timing belt vs. a timing chain, but I would know that is just an extra preventive maintenance item. Many parts are only available from a dealer, making them more expensive.
As someone else said, if you can accept and afford the cost, and of course you love the car, go for it!

Well, anyone who told you they’re ‘junk’ can be scratched off your list of ‘car guys’. Audis are some of the best cars out there right now, it’s just their previous long term repair issues that make me pause. They might be better now, though.

But the Q7 is lots more $$ than the others you mention, isn’t it?